Add Private Park Locations to the RingCentral App

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • (Edited)
I have not been able to figure out how to pick up a call from a park location/place a call on a park location. 

We utilize the mobile app about as much as we use our desk phones. When any of us are out of the office we have in the past been able to pick up calls off of a park location and place calls on a park location. It has worked out great. I can't figure out how to do that with the new app.

Help?
Photo of Benjamin Pina

Benjamin Pina

• 816 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 45,036 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Benjamin,

The Parking option is under the Call Actions section. Have you tried it?

Photo of Benjamin Pina

Benjamin Pina

That parks the call in one of the "public" parks..not a park location we have programmed in our system. We don't use the public park function. We use park locations built in our system. Does that make sense?

Photo of Benjamin Pina

Benjamin Pina

I also can't figure out how to toggle between receiving queue calls and not receiving queue calls in the new app. If you can do it, I can't find where to do it.

• 45,036 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Ah! So, at this time only Public Park Locations are available. I've flipped this to a feature request for our Product Team to review.

Also, at this time, the option to not receive calls from the queue has not been added to the RC (Glip) app - I believe the Product Team is looking into adding this in the future
Photo of Benjamin Pina

Benjamin Pina

Of all of the useful features, those two are left out. Lol. Those are really big selling points when I am doing demos to potential customers - the ease of using the mobile app when you are away from the office. Hopefully it gets added ASAP!!!

• 44,886 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I hope so, too!