RingCentral for Salesforce - Open New Window/Tab

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
My problem is that none of my employees like the Ringcentral for Salesforce app. Why? Because if they are in the middle of setting up a case or job or opportunity and the phone rings it changes to the incoming contact page and they lose all their work. Is their a way to set it up so a call opens a NEW tab with the contact?
Photo of Joe Pryor

Joe Pryor

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,062 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello Joe,

The admin on the Salesforce account can go into the Softphone Layout Settings and edit the layout. You will want to select the option underlined below:

Photo of Joe Pryor

Joe Pryor

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This solved my problem. There are several interesting and helpful setting on this layout page. Worth customizing.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,810 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello Joe,

That's great to hear!
Photo of Kevin Hart

Kevin Hart

• 988 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This feature no longer appears to work - at least in lightning. We have the screen pops set to New browser window or tab, but it is still changing the current tab to the new record. It is quite frustrating!
Photo of Jitender Kumar

Jitender Kumar, Director Application Development

• 1,748 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello Kevin, 
Unfortunately this setting is not supported by Salesforce in Lightning

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_cti.meta/api_cti/sforce_api_cti_screenpop_lex....

Fortunately we have links to matching entities in the app and you could possibly use no pop up option in Softphone layout and user can always pop up matching entity at their will 
Photo of Simon C

Simon C

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Jitender can you explain what you mean?
Photo of Jitender Kumar

Jitender Kumar, Director Application Development

• 1,748 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello Simon, 
Salesforce Lightning is supposed to be used within in a single browser tab since there are model windows within a single tab unlike classic where you keep multiple tabs open for multiple entities. My comment is pretty old, we used to have links for matching results on call log on the old versions of the app but not anymore.  Any specific question or concern we can answer for you ? 
Photo of Simon C

Simon C

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yeah that's what I thought. It's unfortunate that the pop is basically unusable because of this. Too high a risk for users to lose entered data when the phone rings.
Photo of George Arce

George Arce

• 60 Points
This is disappointing that it does not open on a new windows under lightning. 
This is a salesforce limitation. I would recommend you comment on their ideas-exchange as we agree this was something users wanted. https://success.salesforce.com/ideasearch