RingCentral Meeting Invite Template Customization or Improvement (Outlook Meeting Plug-in)

• Idea
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
Problem:
The default RingCentral meeting invite template for schedule a RingCentral Meeting from outlook is not usable at all.
1. it overwrite meeting subject line -- annoying to say the least;
2. it provides a very long list of iPhone specific access numbers; irrelevant in most of our meetings;
3. it provides a very long list of local access numbers -- I have to delete most of them to make my own local number standout;

The overall look of the template is not professional enough for our use.

Now for every RingCentral Meeting invite, I have to make sure I remember to correct subject line and edit the body of the message. Waste of time.

Suggestion: 
Best option: let user customize his own template;
Good enough option: Divided current template into three sections:
  • Subject line
  • URL link;
  • Iphone access info (can't see a reason any one need it; but that might be just me)
  • Local access numbers;
Let user select which sections of template will be included.

Any one has better suggestions?

Photo of Jonah Zhao

Jonah Zhao

• 640 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mohammed Choudhury

Mohammed Choudhury

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Email Template is horrible- Why is the "Iphone one tap" also why cant we edit the....

Template is poor

It has 

"Or iPhone one-tap: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

This needs to be removed... why have this when ... you have telephone details  below that?

Also how do we edit the template.. users can edit it according to their needs.. would be good if they can do this... 

Photo of Joel Fitzgerald

Joel Fitzgerald

• 382 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Template: Edit Email Invite & Calendar Entry.

^^^ PLEASE VOTE ^^^

Can RC add the ability to edit the outgoing calendar invite template (not just the one time invite, but the template). It would be nice if users could alter the template calendar title with a tokenized format. For example, most of my participants dial in using mobile, so I always make it easy for them to one-click dial from the meeting location like: (419) 123-8420,,1488239205# which will bridge participants automatically. Also, the body of the invite template should be editable as I do really need (or want) all of the pleasantries. Most people know how to use conferencing these days, so they don't need the "Hello! Joel has invited you to a meeting...blah blah." I just want to put a simple:
Web URL token
Dial In token
Access Code token.

Agenda:
-------------
This is what I would customize individually.
Photo of DZELME

DZELME

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Allow template control of RingCentral Meeting defaults including video.

-- Account type  (U.S., Canada, UK,  AT&T, Telus, BT)
US

--A brief description of the business 
Consulting company making frequent use of RingCentral Meetings to work with clients and troubleshoot issues.

-- A high level description of the product or feature being requested
Allow template control of RingCentral Meetings settings, specifically video, for all user on the account. Just like a templat can be used to configure the RingCentral phone settings I want the ability to set defaults for my users.

-- A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature
A new user is on-boarded in the company. As part of the on-boarding process a new phone number is assigned to the user (RingCentral phone) and placed into a pre-defined group based on business function. The phone app settings are now defined without the end user having to touch anything or follow any instructions.
That same new user has RingCentral Meetings too. By having a template assigned (the idea here) certain options are automatically configured for the user. In this case the "Always turn off video when joining a meeting" is disabled, both host and participant video options are set to Off, and the option to "Enable join before host" is turned on. This allows a brand new consultant to be ready to go with RingCentral Meetings without trusting the end-user to follow written directions and saving them the embarrassment of having the video accidentally turn on when taking a meeting from the hotel room.

-- Benefit of such feature
Control of features and the ability to reset a user to a known state for troubleshooting.
Presets for Meetings in the same manner as phones for better centralized control.

--Include any related case number if applicable
RingCentral Case #05979289  

--Number of Users and/or Digital Lines
Prefer not to say.
Photo of Teresa Habeck

Teresa Habeck, Champion

• 1,182 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
We would also love to see this changed. 

The "xxxx is inviting you to a RingCentral meeting" should state the subject of the meeting in the body should state the meeting title.

Join from PC, Mac, iOS or Android: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/7083587070

Change: Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):   
    Should be changed to "mobile device" Because not everyone has an iPhone 

Photo of Teresa Habeck

Teresa Habeck, Champion

• 1,182 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
We would also love to see this changed. 

The "xxxx is inviting you to a RingCentral meeting" should state the subject of the meeting in the body should state the meeting title.

Join from PC, Mac, iOS or Android: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/7083587070

Change: Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):   
    Should be changed to "mobile device" Because not everyone has an iPhone 

Photo of Wesley Haskins

Wesley Haskins

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I would like to be able to change the default meeting template as well. 

+1 vote for this feature.