RingCentral Meeting : Presence feature is not sync on RingCentral Application if we use meeting applicaiton

• Idea
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Implemented
Account type: US
A brief description of the business: 
A high level description of the product or feature being requested: 
A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature: 
Benefit of such feature
Number of Users and/or Digital Lines: 249

----

I want to make sure that if we will started the conferencing (RingCentral Meeting), it will reflect/sync the status of the user on RingCentral presence feature.
Photo of Paul Ritchie

Paul Ritchie

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 66,160 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Paul, the unified presence feature is currently working on the RC mobile app and will be rolled out to the RC desktop app by the end of this month (barring any issues) :)
Photo of Paul Ritchie

Paul Ritchie

I'm still waiting for this to work.  Do you have a date for this to be implemented?  Or if it is already rolled out, is there something I need to do to make it work?

Hey Paul, the Unified Presence was rolled out in January...so you should be seeing it! 
Photo of Paul Ritchie

Paul Ritchie

Thanks.  I see that it is mostly working.  we just had a conference call/meeting with 12 people and at least 3 of them showed as Available/Green.  And they all joined by clicking the invite link.  So something isn't quite right.  It would be nice if RC added a new status of 'In Meeting' or something like that.

So you are able to set yourself as available even if you are on a Meeting, so maybe that happened. However, if I recall correctly, sometimes it is delayed in updating the status and that is something our Product Team is looking to fix :)
Photo of Paul Ritchie

Paul Ritchie

If anything people are setting themselves to Busy when they are on the meeting because when they look at their status it shows Green.  Even if I'm on a phone call my status shows Green to me, but would show Red/Busy to others.  This is very confusing. 
But as far as being on a meeting, about 70% are showing Busy and the rest are Available.  It's very inconsistent for us.  Could there be a setting at the corporate level?

So there is a known issue with User's status not always showing up properly, as I mentioned before. Product is still working out those kinks. If it's really bad, I would suggest having Support gather logs :)