RingCentral Meetings crashing Mac OS X 10.14.4 During Screen-share

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • In Progress
RingCentral Meetings continues to cause a kernel exception / fatal error within Mac OS 10.14.4. Currently on RC Meetings version 7.0.136380.0312 with the latest updates to Mojave installed.

Only during a screen share, at the most inopportune time (e.g. during a client call/presentation). my Mac will randomly go to full-CPU cycles, crash, and restart.

This occurs regardless of whether I'm the host or not. Since I'm dialing in usually from the office phone, I'm not disconnected from the audio portion of the meeting, but have to wait until my MacBook restarts in order to reconnect back to the conference bridge.

There is no error message, it just crashes & restarts. This only happens during a screenshare.

I'm on a specced out, 15" MBP Late-2018 with Radeon Vega 20 graphics.

I have two external 27" monitors and am sharing the screen on the 4K LG 27" connected through USB-C.

I've logged Case Number 08716592 to help resolve the issue.

Photo of Jaspreet Sidhu

Jaspreet Sidhu

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Jaspreet Sidhu

Jaspreet Sidhu

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
https://gist.github.com/jaspreetsidhu/ad422aaa03e85d99d15d3876a402008c 

I've included a link to the crash report in console post-restart.

Please let me know what other information I can provide to assist the community in helping resolve the issue.

Thanks,
-Jaspreet
Photo of Dana Ballinger

Dana Ballinger

• 62 Points
I have exactly the same issue.  Hard reboot when video is used.  New 2019 Mac OS 10.14.6.  No external monitors.

Is there a resolution for this?

-Dana
Photo of Jaspreet Sidhu

Jaspreet Sidhu

• 60 Points
Hey Dana, no.. there's no reply. In fact, all communication from RingCentral has gone dark and you have no idea how embarrassing it is in the middle of a presentation to have to dial back in.

Not only that, but the log files that are being created by RingCentral were taking up to 80 GBs of storage space and I lose the recording from the video.

As a consultant, this is damaging not only to my business, but my brand, and bottom line.

Anyway, I've asked my company to look into other technologies and to review our tech stack/agreement with RingCentral.

Perhaps you can log a case and reference this thread and my case as well? 08716592 
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,092 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey all, I looked into this issue and it's still being investigated by our Engineering/Product Team. I'm keeping an eye on the issue and whenever I receive an update, I'll be sure to post here.
Photo of Jimmy Meijon

Jimmy Meijon

• 60 Points
The problem appeared when I enabled the "Join Now" with iCal.
I solved the issue by removing the permissions to Ring Central on the calendar, but I can't integrate with the calendar right now
(Edited)
Photo of Brandon Nokes

Brandon Nokes

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hello,

We have a few computers in our office experiencing this same issue. Saadet, has there been any updates?  This is super frustrating when it happens regularly.  Please provide us with an update

Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,012 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Brandon, sorry for the frustration. Looks like there is no update on this issue as of now :/