RingCentral Meetings & Mac Mojave 10.14

• Announcement
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

We have important information to share regarding Apple’s upcoming Mac Mojave 10.14 operating system update.

On September 24, 2018 Apple is releasing an update to its Mac operating system that will impact some functionality of the RingCentral Meetings solution for Mac. We are committed to resolving these issues promptly. Please review our Knowledge Base article for more details.

In the meantime, remaining on a prior version of the Mac OS will ensure the best user experience with RingCentral Meetings.

Should you have any questions, please click here to contact Global Support.
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 51,908 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 22,280 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
This is good info, but I suppose only a very small percentage of users will see this here.  Do you know if this warning is going out to all users?  It probably should even though again only a small percentage probably use MacOS..
Photo of Lisa

Lisa, Champion

• 1,450 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi, Brandon! 

Very good thoughts! Our entire team uses Mac OS and we did receive this via email straight from RingCentral. 

• 51,842 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Brandon, yes, the customer announcement went out via email yesterday afternoon :)
Photo of Andy Barker

Andy Barker

• 70 Points
We have a number of Mac users using RC Meetings on a daily basis.  Where should I be watching to get updates on fix progress?

• 50,976 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Andy, I will post updates on this thread as they become available!
Photo of Andy Barker

Andy Barker

• 70 Points
Thanks Saadet
Photo of Lisa

Lisa, Champion

Thank you for posting this here, Saadet! 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,016 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Here's a copy of what the company is sending out. 

Photo of David Barron

David Barron

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Is there an ETA for resolving this? Mojave was released for *public* beta starting in late June, and we're now learning there is no solution even as we reach the full public launch?

• 47,382 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi David, we will be releasing a new version of RC Meetings to remedy the issue regarding clicking an invite link soon - should be available next week (barring any issues).

However, we are still working on a fix for the Outlook Plugin 
Photo of William Smith

William Smith

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I reviewed the attached knowledge article which says that the warnings for app incompatibility are a one-time warning. Are we safe to upgrade to macOS Mojave (10.14) after this latest release?
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

I updated yesterday and tested a couple meetings and did not notice any particular issues.  If you rely on meetings extensively I would proceed with caution or wait a while though.
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

I also noticed there was a meetings for Mac update that I think fixed some of the known Mojave issues already.
Photo of William Smith

William Smith

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
They released an update a day or so ago to fix the safari 12 bug. I after updating I saw the app compatibility warning on macOS High Sierra so I figured there'd be no difference in Mojave.
Should we anticipate another RC meetings update to resolve additional issues?

Official Response
Hey William and Everyone,

The update I mentioned earlier to David did get pushed early so that's great! 

Right now, we ask that you please update/verify that you are on the latest RC Meetings for Mac before updating your OS to Mojave.

Photo of Lisa

Lisa, Champion

So, just to clarify, if we have this version of Meetings in your image above, it is safe to update our Mac OS to Mojave now? 

Hey Lisa, correct! Continue to be aware that we are still working towards a resolution for the Outlook Plugin. All other issues have been resolved, though :)
Photo of Lisa

Lisa, Champion

Praise the Lord! Thank you, Saadet!!
Photo of Scott Roth

Scott Roth

• 60 Points
Is there an ETA for the plug-in?  Kind of a major thing...

Sorry, there's no ETA right now. Rest assured, this is a major concern for us and our Product Team is working on it!
Photo of Matt Lossau

Matt Lossau

• 70 Points
Any update on the Outlook plugin?

Sorry, Matt. We're still working towards a resolution. No ETA at this time :(
Photo of Michael Trimm

Michael Trimm

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Update?

Sorry, Michael. Nothing new to report :/
Photo of Department

Department

• 60 Points
Hello, if we are not using the Outlook plugin, and just using the RC Meetings app, can we upgrade our OS to Mojave?  

Yep! All other issues have been resolved with the Mojave Update (other than the Outlook Plugin)
Photo of Val Delaney

Val Delaney

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
any update on the Outlook plugin?  Are they working on it or has it been pushed aside?  
(Edited)

Hi Val, we are still working on it, as well as Zoom. When I hear more I will update this thread ASAP! 
Photo of Andy Tolton

Andy Tolton

Still nothing?

Sorry, Andy. We're still working towards a resolution for the Outlook Plugin issue
Photo of Matt Lossau

Matt Lossau

• 70 Points
I just got an updated version of RingCentral Meetings pushed to me this morning. Does this include the Outlook Plugin fix?
Photo of Jessica - Community Support

Jessica - Community Support, Official Rep

• 4,154 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hi Matt, 

Unfortunately it does not :( 
Photo of Andy Tolton

Andy Tolton

Even though it included an update to the Outlook plug-in? While I was installing that was part of it... 

Hi Andy, 

The latest update only included some minor changes to the invite formatting, and is not the whole fix. We're still waiting for that to be rolled out. 
Photo of Val Delaney

Val Delaney

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Any update (or schedule) for fixing the Outlook plugin so we can upgrade to Mojave?  So disappointing that this has been going on for months and still no resolution reported.

Hey Val, we are still working with Zoom on a fix for this. When we learn more about the fix, we will update this thread.
Photo of Andy Tolton

Andy Tolton

FYI - I updated to Mojave as my company's IT department was alerted that this was fixed for RC Meetings. And, found this explanation for how to get the Outlook plugin (now as an Add-on through the Office store) while on Mojave: https://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/11172-RingCentral-Meetings-Deploy-Outl...

Everything is working fine for me. 
Photo of Andre Sanchez

Andre Sanchez

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We have seen one instance where the camera on a 2018 non-touchbar MacBook Pro is not functioning under Mojave in RingCentral Meetings. The Facetime camera will not broadcast any video nor does the camera seem to activate (no light indicator to show it is on). We have also tried an external Logitech camera and get the same result.

This does not happen when running the same laptop/same Mojave install with Zoom or Google Hangouts. Has anyone else seen this? It seems specific to this model of MacBook Pro as we have not seen this behavior with RingCentral Meetings on other Mac models (MacBook Air, Mac Mini with external camera).

• 50,328 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Andre! One of our Engineers provided me with the following info:

By default, macOS Mojave prevents all apps using its AVFoundation API from getting microphone or camera data without your consent. The first time you run the app that wants to use camera it should ask if you want to allow. If this is not asking have them go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy Tab and then select Camera or Microphone and make sure RingCentral Meetings is showing there and is allowed.
Let me know if that helps!
Photo of Andre Sanchez

Andre Sanchez

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
That did the trick! Thank you for getting that info. Camera is now working with RingCentral Meetings.
Photo of Tech Support (Joe)

Tech Support (Joe)

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled RingCentral and Mac Mohave 14.1 Issues.

US RC Phone Release: 10.2.1.31914 (64-bit)
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1
Issues: app locks up, unable to adjust audio controls, call left on hold, etc. Forced to reboot app and have rebooted Mac also. I know it's not working when my iPhone RC App rings but desktop does not.
Is there a planned fix?

Hey Joe, I would suggest opening a case so we can gather more information. There is an issue with RC Meetings and Mojave but I haven't heard of any issues with our other apps yet.

Tech Support (Joe)

Note: My issues were with phone, not Meeting. So IMO, this is a separate topic and should not be merged. 

I had accidentally misread that it was for the RC Phone app, not Meetings. However, you'll still need to open a case so we can investigate and troubleshoot properly.

Tech Support (Joe)

Everytime I try to open a case, it brings me to a log in page, and I've now logged in 7 times. What am I missing? (PS - the support page on this topic shows outdated website pages and thus isn't useful)

Hmmm...that's odd. Click on this button

Tech Support (Joe)

when clicking on that link (here or in the email from support), it brings me to log in page (even though I'm still logged in), it shows my open cases (none) but nowhere does it offer <open case> 

Can you please email me screen shots of exactly what you're seeing? community.support@ringcentral.com

I'm having no issues when I log in with my test account
Photo of Donald Dayton

Donald Dayton

• 60 Points
You might want to update the knowledge base article to state that the issue is resolved - at the moment it appears to be an unsolved known compatibility issue.
Photo of Kane Bragg

Kane Bragg

I wish this issue would get fixed or an ETA would be given. Very frustrating.
Photo of Mark M

Mark M

• 62 Points
the outlook plugin is really a handy plugin... wish this issue could be fixed soon.
(Edited)
Photo of bbb tintin

bbb tintin

• 60 Points
Hi there, I have the latest meeting app installed on my Mac with latest Mac OS Mojave, however, my cam can't be turn on, just goes blank, I can join in voice only....how should I resolve this matter? thanks

Hi bbb, 

I would recommend opening a Support case so they can do some live troubleshooting! 

Hey Everyone, we do have a new Outlook Plugin available for downloading here that works with Mojave
Photo of A J

A J

• 60 Points
I have Mojave v 10.14.3 running on my MacBook Pro from 2016 and RingCentral v 6.3135305.1213 installed. I type my name and pw then get an error message in red that says "Please check your network connection and try again." Is this related to running the latest Mojave? I did a computer wipe and reinstalled to try to go back to the old Mojave and it worked for a day... but I think my computer must have done an automatic upgrade? ugh... What is the timing for a solution here? I can't be the only one.
Photo of Raw D NYC

Raw D NYC

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Im having the same issue
Photo of Raw D NYC

Raw D NYC

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Im having the same issue. Just deleted and reinstalled a fresh version of the meeting software and got a pop up :

This app will not work with future versions of macOS and needs to be updated to improve compatibility. Contact the developer for more information.

Then after entering my email and password I get:

Please check your network connection and try again.

Keep in mind, I tried using the mobile app and it worked just fine so I know it's not an account issue. I get that there is a lengthy network requirements section of support, but if you're expecting every single user to be able to read and understand that...

(Edited)
Photo of SS Norcal

SS Norcal

• 60 Points
Same exact issue here
Photo of Adam Hughes

Adam Hughes

• 74 Points
I seem to be getting a slightly different error which is proving extremely difficult to explain to customer support...

2016 iMac / Mojave 10.14.2 / RingCentral Desktop App v 6.3135305.1213 / Service Plan, RingCentral Office Essentials.

If I try to log in the error message states "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this service" Even though I am a paying customer and also the administrator for the account.

I can log in to every other aspect of the account. Speaking with customer support (on the second attempt to resolve) they suggested that the Meetings App, which should be activated within the assigned account by default, hasn't been activated. I am still waiting to hear if this is the problem.

However, even if I try to join a Meeting without logging on, and click the Meeting's ID link. I ALWAYS get Invalid Meeting ID. Even if the Meeting is current. If I use the same link with the iOS app I can join the Meeting without issue. It is only when using the desktop app that it fails.

I only joined RingCentral a few days ago, considering the Meetings App is a major part of this platform I would expect there to be some sort of notification explaining the situation and diminished functionality, ESPECIALLY if someone signs up as a paying customer.
Photo of Muscle OK

Muscle OK

• 60 Points
I keep getting "network connection" message when I attempt to sing on
Photo of William Edwards

William Edwards

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
It was working for me and now the past week, I have been getting all the same error messages as the users described above. The plug in on outlook does not load either. 

Hi Everyone, 

There is a known bug with Meetings-- check out all the details on this thread
Photo of Chase Nordengren

Chase Nordengren

• 70 Points
I'm having trouble getting Meetings to see the built in webcam on my 2015 MacBook Pro 13''. It doesn't show up in the Cameras menu in Settings, and I'm not getting a request to grant permission. I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling and resetting permissions with no change.

Hey Chase, did you try the instructions I posted to Andre earlier in the thread?
Photo of Chase Nordengren

Chase Nordengren

• 70 Points
I have. RingCentral Meetings does not show up in that tab, nor am I ever prompted to add it. Additionally, the app cannot be added manually to the camera tab.

Hmmm...weird! I would have Support take a look at it