RingCentral Phone app MSI version 11.0

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Answered
2287 USA based users, 28 different sites, all Polycom VVX 500 handsets 3800 DID lines  

We are looking for the RingCentral Phone (for desktop windows HUD) version 11.0 in MSI format to deploy to our users.   

I received a PUSH notification this morning to update my installed 10.3.5 version to 11.0      but the  MSI is not available on the RC Downloads page at https://success.ringcentral.com/lc/cms/downloads
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

• 21,820 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of David Glowny

David Glowny

• 298 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

Thanks this one works!

Photo of Lee

Lee, Champion

• 3,284 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Cecile, have you noticed any issues with the 11.0.1 update? I have users telling me that they having calls go silent after a few rings or not getting a prompt from the number they are calling to leave a VM, just goes silent. They are ending the call but the call log says the call goes on for another 20-25 seconds. I put a support request in and sent some calls samples. Just curious if you noticed anything.  
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

Hi Lee, we only have deployed 11.0 Windows Desktop version of RingCentral Phone to 5 machines on the test bench as of today. We are rolling it out to 10 actual Users tomorrow. I will have some usable info by the end of tomorrow or the next day, and will update with an additional reply on this post.

This is why I appreciate this User Forum, we all help each other.
(Edited)
Photo of Lee

Lee, Champion

I feel the same way. We might have a unique problem though. it seems to be happening on the 10.3 version also.  But, I will definitely take any feedback you have to offer. 
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

Thanks Lee - I suspect I have the answer because it happened to use just after April 15th ----- the RingCentral network management team
changed the port ranges on what needs to be open

and DID NOT NOTIFY ALL USERS --- they posted it in the Knowledgebase -- and expected folks to be following that article.   We were down for about 2 days before we found out that was what caused it. 
Photo of Lee

Lee, Champion

UGH! i was worried that is what it was. I guess i know what i will be doing this weekend. Thank you so much!
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

OK good luck, I hope it resolves the issues your folks are experiencing. 
Photo of Lee

Lee, Champion

Hi Cecile. I thought I should let you know the update or the ports were not the culprit. It was an Underlying Carrier issue. Roscoe was able to look at the call samples, work the carrier and get it fixed. No more issues. 
Photo of Cecile Glassy

Cecile Glassy, Champion

Thanks for the update Lee,  very weird to hear this as we had an underlying carrier issue yesterday doing something similar