RingCentral Windows Missing Softphone Features

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Desktop App: Feedback for Legacy Softphone upgrade to RingCentral for Desktop

I was recently forced to upgrade to RingCentral Windows and I can only answer calls through the computer. The softphone made it seamless to transfer incoming calls on the computer to my phone and this feature should be included in any upgrades. I wish I could go back to the Softphone. Unfortunately, the only go around for this according to Support, is to answer the call and dial ##ext#, which means my customer hears me pressing buttons in their ears. Very, very frustrating!
Photo of Jewell Staley

Jewell Staley

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Randy T.

Randy T.

• 1,276 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I might be missing something, but I also answer calls using the softphone on the computer. Whenever I want to answer calls on my cell phone, I set up call forwarding within the Admin Portal. Rings right through no problem. Again, if I missed something, sorry to intrude, but if I didn't, there is your answer. Take care.
Photo of Jewell Staley

Jewell Staley

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the reply.  I'm referring to when you see the call coming in on your computer and you don't want to answer it through the computer.  You want to forward it to a handset, but for some reason with the new RingCentral for Windows, you can't.  When I see a call coming in, I click on Forward, then select the number, and nothing happens.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.