Add feature to manage or limit RingCentral Meeting Log Files.

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate.  If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

Is there a way to turn off the files generated by RingCentral Meetings in the folder C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\RingCentralMeetings\logs

I was running out of HD space and found 25 GB of files in there this morning and we've only been using the app for just over a month!
Photo of Rob Minialoff

Rob Minialoff

• 334 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Streetlamp LeMoose

Streetlamp LeMoose

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I had this same issue! My computer saying it had run out of disk space. Imagine my surprise when i found 1400 log files, each 100's of MB large. It had eaten 25GB of my disk as well!
Photo of Jimmy Fleming

Jimmy Fleming

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Me too.  Please help.  I'm going to delete these files, but I suspect RingCentral Meetings will just create them again.
Photo of Jimmy Fleming

Jimmy Fleming

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
It creates a log file each time I have a RingCentral meeting, and the size of the log files ranges from 100 MB (if I have a short meeting) to over 1 GB (if I have a long meeting).
Photo of Rob Minialoff

Rob Minialoff

I have not received any response from Ring Central on this issue.  There should be a UI way to either view/manage these files, limit the number or size of the files, or turn it off altogether.  These files eat up large amounts of disk space.  I can't find any way to even view them to make sense of it.  The PCM and PKT files are binary, and LOG files have data that has no context.  As far as I can see they are all completely useless to me as an end user, yet have the potential to fill my hard drive if I don't manually monitor the folder.

(Edited)
Photo of Streetlamp LeMoose

Streetlamp LeMoose

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I submitted a support request, and they have gotten back to me. Unfortunately they asked for a screen shot of the folder but I had already deleted everything in the folder. I'm sure it'll be brimming soon though, I have a couple meetings every week with RingCentral. I agree however that there should be some sort of option to limit the number of logs or size of the log folder. I can't imagine only 3 people are having this issue.
I was also playing with the idea of changing the folder permissions to prevent any writing to it. I don't know if that would break the program however.
As to the files being useless, I'd bet it's some sort of obfuscated A/V codec and the 'log' files are keys to those binary files.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,178 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I've changed this to an "Idea" topic. Please click the "like" button at the top if you would like to see an option added to manage or limit the log files. 

Mike 
Photo of Rob Minialoff

Rob Minialoff

It looks like this has been taken care of.  I have seen 0 files in the log file folder the last few times I have checked.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,178 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the follow up Rob,  Is anyone else still having this issue?  If so I'll look into it for you. 

Mike 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.