salesforce classic disposition picklist

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Acknowledged
I have Salesforce Classic and have just installed Ringcentral - as per the instructions. I am now trying to customize the Call Dispositions and I can't find the App Setup menu under Salesforce Setup? HAve I missed something in the way I have installed Ringcentral for Salesforce?
Photo of Andy Heaton

Andy Heaton

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 45,276 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Have you checked out Page 9 of the Admin Guide?
Photo of Andy Heaton

Andy Heaton

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have followed the admin guide: The admin guide says:

"These preset dispositions are gathered from the Subject picklist on the Salesforce.com Task object. To edit these dispositions, navigate to App Setup > Activities > Task Fields. On the Task Fields page, click the label of the Subject field, and you’ll see a page like this (Figure 11):"

The problem is that I can't see "App Setup" anywhere. I have checked permissions are set correctly for an admin (and they are, as far as I can tell), but if I can't get into the App setup, I can't modify dispositions.

In the RingCentral softphone, I don't see any dispositions at all at the moment - just a blank space. I'm not sure if there should be a default set showing.
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 45,276 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hmmmm....I would suggest contacting our Support Team so we can do a screen share and see where you may be getting stuck!