Salesforce Lightning: Admin and User Guides

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
How to display the Ringcentral in salesforce lightning?
Photo of Stanley Wang

Stanley Wang

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of AdvoSteve

AdvoSteve

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I could have overlooked it but cannot find any reference for using RingCentral with the Salesforce Lightning Experience.  In looking at the AppExchange listing the App does not have the "Lightning Ready" certification identified.

Can you please provide further guidance?
Photo of Amy Fike

Amy Fike

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Salesforce Lightning integration.

We currently have users that use both the Classic and Lightning Experience for Salesforce. We are moving everyone to using the Lightning Experience and would really appreciate the development of an integration with the Lightning Experience.
Photo of Andrew Berman

Andrew Berman

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Just writing so I get the email. If this has been resolved, please advise, as this is the only thing that is preventing us from switching to the lightning.  
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,998 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Good news! SalesForce Lightning has been released and you can download it from the app store here:  https://developer.ringcentral.com/app-gallery.html/app/312709020-312709020-7gufiGT3T3CCuCP37hMDaQ~Ch...

We have some new recently published user-guides for this integration if it helps.

Admin Guide

User Guide

Lightning Blog Post
(Edited)
Photo of David Warren

David Warren

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Mike!
Photo of Greg Shaw

Greg Shaw

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mike, Thanks. I've installed it but can't work out how to use it. I can't find anything on screen. No lightning components, no configuration, no setup, no login. Any direction would be appreciated.
Greg.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Greg,  It might be about two weeks before I have any documentation or resources for this.  I'll update this thread when I do.

Mike
Photo of Liad Maccabi

Liad Maccabi

• 70 Points
Just give us a hint so we can try it out :-)
Photo of Bethany Brewer

Bethany Brewer

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
What is the correct CTI Adapter URL for the updated version?
Photo of Andrew Berman

Andrew Berman

Hi Mike.  I know this is a work in progress, but should we be able to use it and see this at this point or is it not functional yet?  The "click to dial" in both Classic and Lightning is disabled, whereas I was able to use it in Classic before the update (and I don't see how to setup the dialer at all on a Lead page in Lightning).  It's fine if it isn't functional yet, but I just don't want to spend any more time trying to figure it out if there is no way to activate it yet.  Thanks!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Sorry... I'm awaiting information. I'll update this thread when I have details.

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Please see "official response" above. There are links for the newly published user guides.
Photo of Andrew Berman

Andrew Berman

Mike, which App are we supposed to use?  Your initial link takes us to RingCentral for Salesforce version 5.0 (rc_sf_package) (https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3A00000EORsjUAH).  The link on page 4 of the Admin Guide you just posted takes us to RingCentral for Salesforce version 4.831.0 (Cloud Phone App for SalesForce) (https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3000000B5WKqEAN), which is the version I currently use in Saleforce Classic.   

Do we need to use both, one for Classic and the other for Lightning, or do we uninstall the earlier version and replace it with the new one?

Please advise! Thanks!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Hi Andrew,  That's probably a mistake in the user guide which didn't get updated. I'll follow up on that. The  5.0 link on the app exchange site should be the right one.  

I'll post a followup here once I confirm this for sure.

Mike
(Edited)
Photo of Kolby Davis

Kolby Davis

• 320 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
What did you find out?

Wanted to see if we are going to use both versions of the app, one for Classic and the other for Lightning, or do we uninstall the 4.8.3 version and replace it with the new 5.x?
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 67,284 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello Kolby,

You will want to uninstall the Classic version and then upload the new Lightning version. Only one version can be active at a time. I hope that helps :) Also, our Admin and User Guides have now been updated :)
Photo of CHANCELOR

CHANCELOR

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled salesforce lightning suggested requirements.

I was notified that Salesforce Lightning does not integrate with RingCentral...and no timetable is on the horizon to complete this. Very upsetting. We are looking to grow our team 3 fold, but may not be able to do this with RC.

May I suggest some features:

Business SMS should sync to Salesforce Contacts - record of conversation can be saved on the lead

Fax capability from Docs stored inside Salesforce

Lead Pop for incoming and OUTGOING calls; should open a new window

Custom Call Wrapping capabilities; call wrapping codes should be searchable, reportable in Salesforce and be able to trigger automations;
Photo of Cyd Stevenson

Cyd Stevenson

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Salesforce Integration: Differences between deskphone & softphone?.

Where can I find information about the Salesforce.com / RingCentreal AppExchange? I would like to know about the differences between the softphone and desk phone, pro's & con's ect.
Photo of Kevin Vu

Kevin Vu

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled HELP Installing Salesforce Lightning - Softphone not displaying correctly.

I am installing RingCentral into Salesforce Lightning. I was able to finish everything except the very first step regarding the Visualforce Pages. I could not find the OpenCTIIndex999 in the manual.

Please help :)
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Just letting all followers on this thread know the outdated download link to the app exchange has been updated as well as Visualforce info (page 4).  If anyone still has problems please let us know here, or feel free to open a support case.

If you have previously downloaded a copy of the Admin Guide, please use the link in the Official Response above to re-download the new version.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Andrew

Andrew, Champion

• 378 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hey there Mike,
So if clients are in non lightning environments, should we still be using Version 5?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Andrew, or anyone else following this thread. 

If you are in  the non-lightning environments, then use the 4.83 version which you still find the normal way through their RC web portal account.
Photo of Daniel Gonzales

Daniel Gonzales

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I installed the new 5.3 version, after uninstalling the 4.83, and I can see the utility bar in Lightning, with the RingCentral icon, but when i click it and the softphone opens, it is blank. There is no dialpad displayed, no login to RingCentral button, nothing. I can open the Cloud Phone App and see the CTI adapter URL, which when opened in it's own window - works. 

Any ideas what is going on?
Photo of Jitender Kumar

Jitender Kumar, Director Application Development

• 1,748 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dainel, 
I sent you an email in order to help troubleshoot. 
Photo of BRANCH

BRANCH

• 64 Points
The 4.831 version is compatible with the Salesforce Professional edition in Classic view, however there is no pop-up dialer in the Lightening View. Then when I go to download the 5.0 version, it says I need to upgrade my Salesforce to the Salesforce Enterprise edition. Is there a work around for this, so that I can have the pop-up dialer in both Classic and Lightening view with the 4.831 version?
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 67,466 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello BRANCH,

At this time there is no work around for what you are asking.