Print to fax

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: outdated info

Bring back the features that the old version had such as scanning and printing to ring central internet fax.
Photo of Olmsted Bros. Insulation

Olmsted Bros. Insulation

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Dena Day

Dena Day

• 332 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Jules--

This is why I uninstalled the new version and re-installed the old version.  I could not get it to work either.  If you need the installation file for the old version, just let me know.  Sorry you're have issues.  Running the old version has worked for me.
Photo of Jules Wilkinson

Jules Wilkinson

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

The tech support got this working for me.  You have to re-install the print driver.    http://success.ringcentral.com/knowledge/TOCArticleRendererPkb.apexp?id=kA280000000Gsnz

This article explains it but instead of selecting the Null printer you have to select the VirtualPortRC.tif as the port and then follow the rest of the instructions.  This worked for me on Windows 8.1

(When I installed it did not automatically set this up correctly.  Even after uninstalling and re-installing I still had to go through this step of adding the printer driver for it to work)

Thanks Phone Support!

Photo of Jules Wilkinson

Jules Wilkinson

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
One other thing, the printer driver I selected was in c:\Program Files(x86)\RingCentral for WIndows\driver\v_print_rc.inf instead of the one the knowledge base suggests.
Photo of Dena Day

Dena Day

• 332 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Does anyone have it working on Windows 7?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dena,   It will also work on Win7.   If you upgrade to the latest version and still have problems. There's a good chance it's the printer driver not installing correctly.  I'm working getting some detailed instructions for manually installing the printer driver.  I'll post them here as soon as they are available. 

Mike 
Photo of David Gordon

David Gordon

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
How do you do print to fax using the most recent Ring Central for Mac app
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

The general process will be the same for most applications.  For example if you are using an MS Office application you would click File > Print, and then from the printer drop-down selection menu, you should see/select  "RingCentral Internet Fax", and click Print.  It will then automatically attache the file to the softphone fax page where you can enter the recipients information and send the fax. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Official Response
To avoid confusion, the Print to Fax feature is now available, but the Scan to Fax is not.  We've started a new thread for the "Scan to Fax" request.  If you would like to see that feature visit the following page and click the "Like" button.  Bring back SCAN to fax
Photo of David Gordon

David Gordon

I don't see this in the mac version - there is not print to ring central in the PDF options like there used to be
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Hi David, what version of the Softphone are you using? And did you recently change versions? 
Photo of David Gordon

David Gordon

RingCentral for Mac

Release: 7.0.5.11608 (64-bit)

Copyright © 1999-2014 RingCentral, Inc.

All rights reserved.

I just updated after having an issue with the old soft phone where non of my faxes were delivered for over a week and support told me there was nothing i could do but install most recent version and regenerate all the faxes.

I also installed the new soft phone on two windows system.  The print to ring central still shows up there but I think it's because I still have the old soft phone installed (just not running)

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Hi David, try to update your software to the latest version.  I sent you an email with a download link for the newest version. 
Photo of David Gordon

David Gordon

downloaded the new version (thanks for link as the update within the program said most recent version) but I still don't see the print to fax option anywhere within printer settings, or within the PDF drop down where it used to be
Photo of Vi Chau

Vi Chau, Alum

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
"Print to Fax" is not available for Mac platform. It is a Windows only feature at this time. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Vi,  Thank you for the clarification!

David sorry for the confusion.  

Mike 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.