Call Handling: How can I schedule a temporary voicemail greeting?

• Idea
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • (Edited)
Would like to be able to set a temporary voicemail greeting, on a schedule, for when our users are out of the office (much like the out of office attendant in Outlook works).  Right now, they have to record over the voicemail greeting stating they are out of the office and then remember to record a new one when they return to the office.  As you can image, people forget. 
Photo of Chris Zimmerman

Chris Zimmerman

• 2,794 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Karim Khalil

Karim Khalil

• 1,062 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I can get behind this. Anything I can do to automate processes to remove user error gets my like.
Photo of Rob Benn-Frenette

Rob Benn-Frenette, Champion

• 4,860 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
I also would find this VERY handy. 
Photo of Holly

Holly

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Much needed!!
Photo of Merk

Merk

• 214 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
You can already do this. For whatever reason, it is very tricky to find. After logging into your account, go to the Settings for the extension involved. Then select Call Handling & Forwarding, then Advanced. Click on Add Rule and follow the prompts. If you have problems, call tech support and they will walk you through it.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 92,506 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
If you go to Call Handling & Forwarding > Advanced > Add Rule > Select the Date and/or Time check-box (for this scenario > click Next > Choose the time/date range > Click the Next buttons, and you'll see the following window, where you can choose to Play Announcement Only.   You can click the Greeting link to record a custom message for this scenario. 

Here's an Advanced Call Handling Overview Video.

(Edited)
Photo of Chris Zimmerman

Chris Zimmerman

• 2,794 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
this is a good work around but I don't believe it is the easiest and best way to do it.  There should be an option on the voicemail greeting page that allows you to setup a temporary greeting.  Most other basic, old phone systems allow this.  While this works, this seems a little cumbersome. 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 92,506 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Chris,  When you create the rule, there will be an option to set it for a date range so that it is just temporary.  

Our product team is definitely open to ideas on how to make the product easier to use so though, so any ideas on how to improve the process are appreciated. 

Mike 
Photo of BUENDIA

BUENDIA, Alum

• 476 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have a customer that wants to upload multiple voicemail greeting in an extension and could select what to use. I think this idea is good.
Photo of Michael Hamilton

Michael Hamilton

• 60 Points
Okay Mike, your answer is inadequate. When I log in there is NO "Call handling and forwarding". What are the "other" steps needed to get me from my log in page to where you tell me to begin.
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 48,842 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Michael,

There have been a few UI changes since Mike posted that. Below is a screen shot of what it looks like now. Similar steps: