Conference calling: Add Scheduling

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • (Edited)
Please add scheduling feature to conference calling.
Photo of Pennie Weinberg

Pennie Weinberg

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Tony Van Oort

Tony Van Oort

• 376 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I agree!   Conference calls are always scheduled and rarely spur of the moment.   This was you can't get the info out to participants until last minute!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 91,038 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for comments. I do agree it would be nice if it had a scheduling feature similar to the RC Meeting app.  The best work around that I can offer for the time, is to click the option to "invite with email", then copy the content from the email client, then open your Outlook Calendar application and paste it into the Calendar and then send out the invitation.  
Photo of Tony Van Oort

Tony Van Oort

• 376 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Okay that should work for now - thank you Mike!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 91,038 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You're welcome!
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 19,508 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I notice this can be done with Chrome extension if integrated with Google calendar and that is nice, but it really should be an option from the desktop and mobile app to schedule a voice conference.
Photo of Local #

Local #

• 50 Points
It seems like such a simple thing to design.  All we would really need is a way to integrate a calendar (ios, google, etc) to send out the conf call information.  I'm not sure I understand why in 2 years this has not been developed.  this is a very nice feature that I'm sure many would love to have
Photo of Brandon

Brandon, Champion

• 19,508 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
My workaround so far has been to either use the Chrome extension which can currently schedule audio only conferences or just use the meetings app for voice conferences and ignore the web and video portion.  That or occasionally I will just copy/paste the audio conference info into a calendar invite.
Photo of Noel Miller

Noel Miller

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would also like to request that the 'Invite from Google Calendar' feature be added to the RingCentral for Mac Desktop App as it already appears in the Chrome extension it should be a quick fix. 
Photo of David Shirk

David Shirk

• 268 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Conference Calls: Add scheduler so participants in next call have a waiting room.....

Conference call scheduler feature would allow a host to schedule back to back conference calls and repeating conference calls where participant codes would be assigned to the call and automatically block barge-in from the next scheduled call's participants.

System would assign unique participant code to a scheduled call. Host could be on one call and participants for second call could dial in but be put in a waiting room for host to join the next call. Host should hear a unique tone to alert him/her that next call has participants waiting. Another tone should indicate the next call was scheduled to start. When host completes first call, s/he is transferred to the second call with opportunity to pause before joining.

Calls should be permitted to be scheduled as recurring with a common participant code for each instance.

Host should be able to create custom participant codes for particular clients and associate those codes with one or more scheduled calls. Custom participant codes should allow for host to limit the number of callers using that code with respect to the particular scheduled conference call where the code is authorized. For example, one client's participant code may allow 3 call participants, another client's participant code may allow only 1 call participant.

When creating a custom participant code, the host should be able to establish a default value limiting the maximum number of authorized callers permitted to use that participant code. That default number will be the number of callers authorized to use the code when enabled for a scheduled call. The host should be able to change the number of authorized callers using a participant code for any scheduled call. If the scheduled call is a recurring call, the change should be permitted for either one instance or all instances of the call.

The host should have a web based real-time view into the participants on an active call with start and stop times as well as total time on the call. The host should be able to configure whether or not to receive an email report of participants and number of callers for each participant code.

The ability to use this scheduled conference call feature should be configurable so that persons rarely hosting conference calls can continue to use just one participant code for all participants on every call. Frequent conference call hosts will turn on the scheduling feature and manage their calls efficiently.

This allows back to back calls without locking calls with *#7 feature, which leaves new callers on the next call blocked. This would also prevent unwanted callers from barging in on calls merely because they had an old participant id. This would allow calls to be restricted to intended participants and not require the call locking feature be manually entered.
(Edited)
Photo of Erik Mayo

Erik Mayo

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Conference calls are always scheduled and rarely spur of the moment. I'd like to request this too. Also, when scheduling, I'd like to be able to pick international dial in numbers.
Photo of Erik Mayo

Erik Mayo

I'm specifically looking for this in the phone app.
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 42,766 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Erik - At this time you can use a schedule on the Mobile App for the RingCentral Meetings Conference!   In your Mobile App select Meetings > Schedule. You can use video and audio... or just for audio.
(Edited)
Photo of Erik Mayo

Erik Mayo

I've encountered "user error" problems when trying to do that as people with IPhones use the link and then it tries to download the app. This is a big problem when the person is oversees. I've gone to just using the normal conference line because of this. The normal ring central app doesn't support scheduling.
Photo of Rush

Rush

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Conference Calling: Integrate with Calendar for Scheduling.

Multiple Calendar Scheduling. When scheduling a conference there should be a way to include both Outlook and icalendar in the calendar section. We have employees that use different email and calendar platforms. Currently when we send an invite there is no email getting to those with Outlook , as I have Mac mail chosen and cannot include others. Am i missing something? Tech support said cannot be done.
Photo of Craig Lohman

Craig Lohman

• 992 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I was surprised to find out that RingCentral does not have the ability to schedule conference calls.  Very strange as this is one of the basic functions of any phone system.  Please add our voice to the chorus.  We would love to have the ability to schedule conference calls from within Outlook just like the RingCentral Meetings plug-in is capable of doing.  Thanks!
Photo of Showroom Phone

Showroom Phone

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am trying to schedule a conference call for next week.  From the messages about, it looks like this has been an issue for years.  Has this been resolved?  Am I missing how to do this?
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 42,416 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
There is no ETA for being able to schedule a call via RC Conferencing Bridge. However, you can schedule calls via RC Meetings