Scheduling RingCentral Meetings through Glip

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Planned
It would be awesome if users could schedule meetings through RC-Glip. We'd like to start using our RC-Glip and I think the only thing stopping us from moving all our employees over from (RC Phone + RC Meetings) to RC Glip, is that our employees need the ability to schedule RC Meetings through RC Glip. I think the great thing about RC Glip is that it integrates both apps, but without the ability to schedule meetings - we still have to use the RC Meetings app since we heavily rely on this feature. When can we expect this feature to be available? 
Photo of Lenissa Dumlao

Lenissa Dumlao

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of David Parent

David Parent, Champion

• 1,180 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I'm looking forward to using the new RC combined app as well, but in addition to the limited RC meeting integration, the new app is also missing detailed phone integration as well. Contact details including full phone number, cell phone number, email etc. are not available that are only part of the dedicated phone app. I also can't move over to this new app until this is resolved.
Photo of Lenissa Dumlao

Lenissa Dumlao

Thank you for pointing out that these details are not included. Our employees all have direct dials which do not seem to show either, only their extensions do. It would be helpful to have access to all their information on this combined app as well. 
Photo of GriggsyCrossCo

GriggsyCrossCo

• 324 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Would this be corrected with the "Super App"?? I know I've heard "everything will be itegrated into one app" a few times but thats just not the case yet. Will this super app be "The One" like Neo in the Matrix?
Photo of Lenissa Dumlao

Lenissa Dumlao

My apologies I should have been clearer. By Glip I meant the RingCentral combined/integrated app which I think you are also referring to as the "SuperApp". So this Super App you are referring to is exactly what I am using. It DOES integrate phone and meetings, but I don't think they have all the features that are on the actual RC Phone and RC Meetings app itself. 
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 62,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi All!

We're actually already working on this :) Should be released in Q2
Photo of Lenissa Dumlao

Lenissa Dumlao

Hi Saadet! Do we have an update on this? I just rec'd an email from our RC Account Manager regarding retiring RC Phone and RC Meetings. So I'd like to be sure that before we migrate everyone over to using the new RC Integrated App, that the scheduling Meetings through the new app is now functioning and functioning smoothly. 

thanks!

• 62,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Lenissa! Becky responded to ya on the other thread :) But, yes, you are now able to schedule Meetings via the RingCentral mobile app :)
(Edited)
Photo of David Parent

David Parent, Champion

• 1,180 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Saadet, What about better phone integration, contacts..etc... will this be part of the update as well?

• 62,600 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi David,

The Product Team is working towards feature parity between the RC Phone and RC (Glip) app :) It's going to take some time and won't happen all at once but trust me, they're working on it and adding more!
Photo of Julie Sperritt

Julie Sperritt

• 582 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Will this include the ability to launch Max Agent/InContact with station ID using the Glip mobile app? You could do this with the RC Phone mobile app but can't do it with the Glip mobile app.

I have agents with mobiles only using the Glip App but they can't then launch Max!

Thanks.

Hey Julie! Idk, I'll ask the Product Team and see what they say :)

Hi Julie, I responded on the other thread as well. Just followed up with the Product Team and unfortunately, it's not on the roadmap right now
Photo of Julie Sperritt

Julie Sperritt

• 582 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for following this up - how do I get this on the road map? We bought the system for it to be used with mobiles - as it did and was sold to us as such - but now they can't use it without deskphones!

Hey Julie! You submitted a Product Idea already, so that's perfect :) I regularly share these ideas with our Product Team. If they decide to implement the idea, I update the thread. Right now it's not planned but if that changes, I'll let you know