Second line on a phone

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
We have two client support lines. We would like to be able to add a DID to a couple of desk phones so the people can call out on that DID and not their primary desk DID.
We have unconditional forward to an answering service who screens the inbound calls for us. That works.
However, about 30% of the time, when someone calls the support line, it rolls over to voice mail after 4 rings even though the ring count is set to 10.
Furthermore, anytime the phones are updated, it breaks the second DID and we have to go through the IP address of the phones to re-register the second DID "account" so it will work.

I have spent HOURS chasing my tail with RC support and it's still not fixed. I've reached out to my CSR and she is no help, ("did you put in a ticket?". I've reached out to local engineers and they can't make this work reliably.

I come from a Cisco Call Manager background and this is a very simple thing to setup. With RC, it's like reinventing a Lunar Lander. The support person yesterday said that they don't recommend having a second line on a phone as it will always break at some point.
Photo of Dean Rogers

Dean Rogers

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Frustrated beyond words

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of RC-Installer

RC-Installer, Champion

• 27,716 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Dean, I think I have a answer for you.

E-mail me

Chuck@yoritguy.com