Secure, Encrypted Faxes

• Idea
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
I am told by customer support that RC does not currently have service to provide secure, encrypted faxes from sender to recipient for secure transmission of confidential info.  He suggested I propose here that such a feature be added.
Photo of BURNS

BURNS

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Luke

Luke, U.S. Tier 1 Support

• 3,814 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the post! It would greatly help to have some context for uses of the feature.

To help our Product Team understand your request and assure it gets more consideration, please include the following details in your request:

• Number of Digital Lines on the account:
  • Account type (U.S., Canada, UK, AT&T, Telus, British Telecom):
  • A brief description of the business you perform:
  • A high level description of the product or feature being requested:
  • A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature:
  • Benefit of such feature:
  • Include any related support case number if applicable:
Photo of BURNS

BURNS

Hi, Luke:

1. I don't know, but don't think it matters
2. US
3. Attorney
4. Encrypted faxes, unencrypted with a password separately delivered to recipient
5. To communicate sensitive, privileged, confidential, personal or HIPPA information
6. Security
7. N/A

Thanks,
Rich
Photo of Dave S

Dave S

• 62 Points
As an Enrolled Agent, I too would like this. Or, are faxes already encrypted?
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 43,478 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dave, faxes are encrypted while they are on the RingCentral platform. However, we have little influence on the fax after it has left our servers and is in transit.
Photo of Laurie MaGuire

Laurie MaGuire

in reply to the above response, while the data is in transit how is it sent?  It is over analog lines? or is it truly unsecure while in transit.  If so, I would change the language on your site.  They is not encrypted email.  You should be protecting the data with at rest and in transit.  Please respond and update.
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 43,478 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Laurie, you'll have to specify how you're sending the faxes (desktop app, email, online portal?). I would suggest asking your Account Manager to get you in touch with one of our Service Engineers who can better explain the whole process than I am able to.