Select which call to pick up on hold using Presence

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
I have a receptionist who answers multiple calls on a Poylcom VVX 410 and places them on hold for other users to pickup using the Presence feature. I need the end users to be able to select which call they pickup via the Presence indicator when there is more than one call stacked on hold. Currently, per RC support, Presence will only ever pickup whatever is held on Line 1. We cannot use Park Orbits for this as the end users are non-technical and end up getting frustrated and dropping calls.
Photo of Paul Dalton

Paul Dalton, Champion

• 386 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 26,588 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Have you considered having your PARK zones match your extension numbers. For example, if you had an extension 104, then make the park zone 4104.  That may make it easier to properly use PARK. 
Photo of Paul Dalton

Paul Dalton, Champion

• 386 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hey Danno, that may be an option. I wasn't aware that i could customize the park orbit numbers, any pointers on how to do that?
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 26,480 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Check out page 3 of the link.  You can also program these PARK zones on a presence key. 

https://netstorage.ringcentral.com/datasheets/call_park_datasheet.pdf
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 26,480 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The only challenge is parking multiple calls for the one person.  Meaning, if 104 gets a bunch of parked calls.  I'm not a fan of doing it, but have done it for one client.  So, you need to rethink the numbering - making them 40104, 41104, 42404, etc.  Again, not a fan of that but it is possible.