service issue

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
Currently our staff is having issues with outbound calls, and calls are not coming through or ringing. Is anyone else having this issue?
Photo of Amanda Crain

Amanda Crain

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of gary shannon

gary shannon

I did see a note yesterday that they were going to move services out of the path of the Hurricane which could interrupt services today or tomorrow.
Photo of Mike Rowe

Mike Rowe

• 870 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
@Jan Ferguson- I'm not sure if you have the specifics of our situation so thank you for your insight into the trouble we're experiencing but I didn't ask for it nor do I need it from you.

The fact is these types of changes are necessary in the event of an emergency, the level of impact of these changes are higher than they should be, which means there is an issue with the process. I've already opened a dialog with our account representative and with support due to the impact this has had on our operations so please keep your assumptions to yourself.
Photo of Jan Ferguson, Channel Partner

Jan Ferguson, Channel Partner, Champion

• 31,276 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I made no assumptions nor voiced any assumptions. I gave cold, hard facts. I was ONLY referring to your two words, "extremely pre-emptive" and by your own admission of how important the changes are in the event of an emergency. No need for further discussion.
Photo of Mike Rowe

Mike Rowe

• 870 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Further discussion: Considering you have no facts around our situation you're making a lot of assumptions about the pre-emptiveness of our situation, again I've already started the dialogue with the people who can look into and address it, so there was no need for discussion in the first place.
Photo of Amanda Crain

Amanda Crain

@Jan Ferguson - I had seen the email about RC moving their services to locations outside of the hurricane's path between 2am-5am ET yesterday morning. I had made the comment about the hurricane not reaching land just yet as to why there were still additional service issues outside of this timeframe as power outages may not have taken place as of yet. I completely understand that services have to be moved ahead of time and that a company cannot wait until it actually reaches landfall. Also - thank you for your service as a law enforcement officer. :) 
Photo of Jan Ferguson, Channel Partner

Jan Ferguson, Channel Partner, Champion

• 31,276 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thank you Amanda!
Photo of Shelly Roth

Shelly Roth, Champion

• 1,260 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I do have an employee who uses a desktop phone that is not receiving calls all day today.  She was not previously having this issue.  Is your phone a desktop hard phone as well?  I sent an email to our IT people to see if there was a possible disconnection from the RC program to her desktop phone for some reason. Possibly a power outage or something similar.  We don't have any answers yet.
(Edited)
Photo of Amanda Crain

Amanda Crain

It's a softphone and also the mobile app.
Photo of Shelly Roth

Shelly Roth, Champion

• 1,260 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
we are not having problems with those, but we have deactivated our phones before under the RC online account services.  First click the log out on the RC app/softphone.  Then go to the website for the phone system, then under "phones and devices" then click on the phone number and then click deauthorize computer.  Then log back into the RC app/softphone.  This has helped us clear up some issues before.
Photo of Amanda Crain

Amanda Crain

Thank you, Shelly. I will have my team member try that and see if it makes a difference. Fingers crossed! I appreciate your help!
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 43,480 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Everyone, we do apologize for any service interruptions. The proactive move to a different data center actually occurred on Wednesday, September 12th between 2 am - 5 am EST. So that should not be the issue at this point. However, please do take into consideration, if you're on the East Coast, that the storm could be causing issues to other companies like your ISP or cell carrier. Now, that's not to say your issue is not valid and there could be something else going on! We would have to investigate and get Call Samples from you :)
Photo of OnCallAnswer

OnCallAnswer

• 1,938 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I am completely with out service. On chat right now with support because I don't have time to call while operating my business off my cell phone