Set status on Polycom VVX310

• Idea
  • Updated 6 months ago
I'd like to be ale to set my status "Avaliable", "Accept Calls Not in Queue", and "Busy" directly from my phone. According to the Polycom VVX310 manual, it seems this functionality is possible just not implemented by RingCentral.
It's a bit annoying to set DND on the Polycom, but it only silences that one device.
Photo of George Lasseigne

George Lasseigne

• 702 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Dawn

Dawn

• 654 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I agree with you George! Last I was told by RC, was that I could do this via the "master" DND button in the online portal. Because we already have enough pieces of software open to do our jobs, more than half of our users do not even log into the portal and only use their desk phones... it would be great to be able to have the desk phone control something other than itself.

George Lasseigne

Now that we have our 60+ users on the system, getting people to consistently log into the web portal and change their status is a pain. Since it's a pain, it's not done. Any idea if this could/will be become a feature?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 90,778 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi George, Sorry but there's not a way to give any ETA or promise when, or if this will happen at this time. 

George Lasseigne

Why? I think I've seen this request posted for a couple years. To me it's a simple question. Either RC is considering it has in a time line to be put into production or it won't be done.
Photo of Gramajo

Gramajo

• 60 Points
This is a great suggestion, This would work well for us as well.
Same here.  We have an outside office and it is  a real pain not knowing if they are unavailable or busy.  Likewise I don't think they will want to log into the online portal every day to change that.
Photo of Reynaldo Bombon

Reynaldo Bombon

• 60 Points
Other social media IMs has that capability (availability status) like yahoo IM, AOL IM, FB IM... I'm sure there's more.  In my previous job, since our schedule is flexible, that's how a person determines others' availability.