Deskphone: Allow users to change the background image on my RingCentral Phone?

• Idea
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • (Edited)
Hello,

I would like to know if it possible to setup a Polycom VVX 410 phone with a custom wallpaper without losing the setting when the power is cycled.

Everything I have read points to configuring the provision server and from the research I have done, this is not possible with RingCentral. If that is the case, is there a way to bypass the server to have the wallpaper be pulled from a local server?

PDF how-to on what I would like to accomplish

Thank You
Photo of Kubikle Free

Kubikle Free

• 390 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of GEORGE MKRTCHYAN

GEORGE MKRTCHYAN

• 742 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Feels like such a Mickey Mouse operation. No consistency and no value in customer input. How can a company create a configuration file that keeps the custom background even after phone reboots for one phone manufacturer and not another? I understand that there is a configuration template for each phone model/manufacturer, but c'mon man, make it consistent across the board. Like I said in an earlier reply, most of our customers have Polycom phones and the background image doesn't change after reboots. But for whatever reason the "engineers" at RingCentral decided that newly supported Yealink phones don't get to have that capability.

Seems like all they're doing is adding "new features" to their platform so they can keep raising the prices and make their investors happy. Same thing is happening with a ticketing system vendor we use. After our customer's contracts have expired, we're going to be moving them away from RingCentral and into Intermedia.
Photo of Front desk

Front desk

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I add a logo on the phone desktop?.

Requesting a logo on the desktop of the phone.
Photo of Kerry Grimes

Kerry Grimes

• 62 Points
FYI, on my Polycom vvx601, I was able to copy the image for the background to a USB drive, put a USB drive in the usb port in the back of the phone, click the USB icon on the screen, select picture frame, find the photo you want to using the arrows, then select the background icon. This sticks after a reboot.
(Edited)
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 36,646 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
That will work on a VVX 411, VVX 450, the VVX500 and VVX600 series.