Setting In Call Queue with the new soft pone feature in GLIP

• Idea
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Planned
There seems to be no way to set In Call Queue status to off or on in the new Glip.
They have a DND option, but no call queue.  Seems to be an oversight.
Photo of MeatHeadPro

MeatHeadPro

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Rob LaRose

Rob LaRose

• 2,362 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

It appears that the new Glip (RingCentral) app does not actually incorporate the feature set of the RC Phone app.  Just a name change and they've taken basic telephony mainstream.

I believe that more RC Phone features will be migrated into the "RC" app in the future, with an eye toward one day merging the two and presumably eliminating RC Phone.

But that day is not today.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,092 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hello MeatHeadPro,

Our Product Team is aware of this not being a feature and are actually working on it. However, they have not given me an exact ETA. I've flipped this to a feature request so we can easily track it and I can provide an update when I receive more information :)
Photo of MeatHeadPro

MeatHeadPro

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the update.
Photo of Kartik Mistry

Kartik Mistry

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Ablility to control 'Accept Call Queue Calls' within Glip App.

The 'Accept Call Queue Calls' within Glip App is not present but is available in the RCPhone app. This would be a good feature to have within the Glip app as we are trying to get our users to only use the Glip app for RingCentral services. No point having several apps for users to control different features.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hi all! Great news, this functionality is currently present in the RingCentral mobile app (as long as you are part of a queue, of course) and the desktop/web apps will be following suit soon :) Keep an eye out later in Q3 (barring any unforeseen hiccups!).
Photo of Kartik Mistry

Kartik Mistry

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes, but it would be nice to have it available on the Desktop Glip app.
If its available on the mobile app then it should definitely be available on the Desktop app.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hey Kartik, like I mentioned, it's coming for the desktop app as well :) Stay tuned!