Simplify call queue manager logins

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Planned
  • (Edited)
Having a separate login for an account, and any call queues a user manages should be simplified.  A user should not need a login/password for their main account, and a separate login/password for managing a call queue.  

I think an elegant solution would be similar to a super admin view & extension view.  A user account could login and change between their extension view & all the call queues they manage.  

Having a separate user / password for their own account, and each call queue is needlessly obtuse.  Imagine if you needed a separate username/password for each service of Google (Gmail, Drive, Photos, Maps, Youtube, etc) or Outlook ( Mail, Skype, OneDrive, etc) it would be untenable.

PS.  This also needs SSO (Single Sign On) support.
Photo of Travis

Travis

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Sunny S. Jamil

Sunny S. Jamil

• 116 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Agreed! It is messy for each Call Queue manager to manage a different set of credentials for his or her Call Queues. User accounts should be able to view the Call Queues over which they have control through their own accounts.
Photo of David Wyatt

David Wyatt

• 246 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This was posted 2 years ago.. Assuming there hasn't been any suggestion of RC simplifying the process?
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sorry, David. We have not made any updates like this.
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,092 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Great news! I just found out that we will be implementing a new experience for Call Queue Managers and part of that experience will include having a separate section for them - such as if you're an Admin of some sorts. A Queue Manager will see a dropdown and can choose between My Extension and their Queue Management view :)

Keep an eye out for this in Q1 of next year (as long as things go as planned)! If that ETA changes, I'll let you all know :)
Photo of Matt Dillman

Matt Dillman

• 642 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Allow Call Queue Manager to Manage Extensions on Call Queue.

I would like for a call queue manager to have an "admin" view when they login to their account online, similar to Phone System admins and the like.  They would be able to access the call queues they manage and only the call queues they manage.  In addition, they would be able to access any of the user extensions that are members of those call queues.