SMS: ability to SMS from the RingCentral website or email

• Idea
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
As we start to make incredible use of your SMS service, we find it would be helpful if we could reply via one of the services mentioned above...Not all of our agents are so savvy as to have and be able to operate a smartphone, and we hope this is a feature we can incorporate!

Thanks!

Alex
Photo of Alex Iliff

Alex Iliff

• 4,114 Points 4k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Ryan Phillips

Ryan Phillips

• 808 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
There needs to be a status on this community for "partially implemented"

The remaining issues here as I understand them are:
  • send/reply SMS from email
  • send/reply SMS from web dashboard
These features would be nice for sure, however they don't prevent the use of the SMS features. Users can use the existing tools for SMS.

Everyone reading this should check out and comment on the other SMS related conversation on this board related to MMS
Photo of Brett Youngberg

Brett Youngberg, Champion

• 2,186 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I'd also like to SMS via reply by email and the web version. I'm not always on the computer with the softphone. 
Photo of Rickkee

Rickkee

• 430 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can I send a TEXT to ringcentral user by EMAIL.

Is it possible to send a text from email client?  For example, I can send an email to xxx-xxx-xxxx@messaging .sprintpcs.com and the text is received.  When they reply to the text, it goes to my email address.   Thanks!   (hoping @rctext.com is the answer, like @rcfax.com)
Photo of James Wise

James Wise

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Sync Text Conversations to Web Portal.

I would like to be able to see my text messages with customers sync with the web portal just like my voicemails do. This way I never have to worry about losing a conversation and can easily find and export old information without needing to rely on my phone.
Photo of Takao Kobayashi

Takao Kobayashi

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I want to send SMS from my email to RingCentral phone number. and I want to know ....

I want to send SMS from my email to RingCentral phone number. and I want to know SMS email address of RingCentral.

I was not able to send SMS to both of PhoneNumber@txt.ringcentral.com and PhoneNumber@sms.ringcentral.com.
Photo of BUENDIA

BUENDIA, Alum

• 476 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Great Idea. like fax via email there should be sms via email
Photo of Denise DeLange

Denise DeLange

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Is there any progress on this request?
Photo of Matthew Plummer

Matthew Plummer

• 248 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Looks like it has been well over a year since we've seen any improvements to the SMS. With 2-way SMS via email I would hope you could effectively transfer an SMS conversation to another user.

We have clients text our main number a lot and we need a solution that would allow our receptionist to transfer a text to another user. It would also be nice if a text to our main number could be placed in a queue for any user to reply to, similar to the concept of Groups for voice calls.
Photo of Brett Youngberg

Brett Youngberg, Champion

• 2,186 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
We want to be able to text message from our main number as many of our customers text the number. Currently our users can do that without logging out of their call controller and logging into the system as the main admin. We are looking at textline.com as alternative solution of texting/support from a team perspective. I wish RingCentral would make it easier to manage text messaging from all the numbers we have with your team and allow all users or certain users configured in the admin to respond to text messages to the main numbers.
Photo of Matthew Plummer

Matthew Plummer

• 248 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the referral to textline, Brett! Perhaps knowing there is some competition RingCentral will turn their attention back toward this issue.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 92,204 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Photo of BUENDIA

BUENDIA, Alum

I also have customers who wants this feature and also have ability to check SMS logs on the online account 
(Edited)
Photo of BUENDIA

BUENDIA, Alum

I have customers who want this feature, Able to send and receive SMS via email. This will help customers to track and have a back up of the SMS conversation. Hope this would be implemented soon.
Photo of Tyrus Shivers

Tyrus Shivers

• 64 Points
Still no word on this. RC should be able to easily implement texting via the web. It is not feasible to download the desktop app to every computer I may utilize and I do not have my cell phone at all times. Being able to jump on a computer and log into the site and check/send sms messages is needed.
Photo of Matt Gregory

Matt Gregory

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This post is 5 years old? How has this not been implemented yet? You have us faxing from the web portal, but have yet to integrate SMS texting?
Photo of Mike Boyer

Mike Boyer

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Get and send txt messages via the web portal interface.

It would be great to be able to receive, send and delete txt messages to my ring central number from the web portal interface.
Photo of Day

Day

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Email to Text Feature.

Account type: US
A brief description of the business 
A high level description of the product or feature being requested: Ability to send text like email to fax feature of the account 
A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature: need to send text message on a pc without any desktop app
Benefit of such feature: flexibility of users to send text messages with another form 
Include any related case number if applicable
Number of Users and/or Digital Lines: 78

Photo of Anthony Kogak

Anthony Kogak

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Please add a feature that allows to send an email to SMS text, like you already h....

I am a U.S. small real estate business. I would really like the ability to send bulk emails to SMS which would really help in my marketing efforts.
Photo of Lee

Lee, Champion

• 2,116 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
You can do this now without RingCentral. You just need to know the phone number and the provider. If you want to send bulk texts from RingCentral just seperate the numbers by semi-colon. 
Photo of Scott Walker

Scott Walker

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Adding SMS Message Interface to Service.RingCentral.com?.

We would be in favor of adding SMS Messages to the Message queue/log in Service.RingCentral.com portal.  We can load the RC Phone software on our PCs but because they are VDI terminals we do not want them to use that app to make phone calls unless using the RingOut service.  This is a lot of extra software in their mind whereas they just want to receive and respond to SMS messages.  

Ideally, it would be nice if there was some form of SMS gateway they could simply reply to via email when they get notifications  of SMS messages.  Sort of like ####@RCFAX.COM is setup.  I see some issues there, but you get the idea.

Having to use the Mobile App and/or the PC App is just not perfect for our environment.  Ideally, I am suggesting the web app should send and receive all the same messages the PC App or Mobile App can.

Somewhere I was told they could access them in GLIP, but I have not figured that out yet.  I see where they can get to Chat messages in GLIP, but not SMS.