So easy even a cave man can do it! Resend Failed Fax.

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Implemented
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Desktop App: add ability to view sent faxes (and re-send) on Softphone Desktop App

Resend a failed fax. Excellent and desirable feature would be to be able to with one click resend a fax without having to re key information and re attached files. I have use this feature with another fax program and is a very nice feature
Photo of Gary Wheless

Gary Wheless

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Larry Solheim

Larry Solheim

• 598 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have wanted to request this feature as well.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
This is an excellent idea. Currently, you can set the RC system to notify you via email if a fax fails. For the time being, that's all we're going to offer vis-a-vis failed-fax notifications. Still, this kind of real-time alert would make a great add-on in the future.
Photo of Richard Isaacs

Richard Isaacs

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Even Winfax antiquated old software had that capability 12 years ago. I will be shopping for my business a new Fax carrier. The future is NOW Ben.
Photo of Ryan Mariotti

Ryan Mariotti

• 60 Points
Ben, you mention that RC can be configured to "notify you via email if a fax fails".  I only see the option to notify of ALL transactions, which is not very helpful if you send lots of faxes.  Can indeed RC be configured to ONLY send me notifications of failures?

Additionally, does RC attempt a resend (like all analog faxes) 3 times, etc.?  
Photo of Jim

Jim

• 60 Points
Ben - Does RC have a feature to send a notification for when a fax fails only? I tried applying the settings from the KB article below, but the person who has the email assigned is only receiving successful faxes.

http://success.ringcentral.com/articl...
Photo of Terry Blake

Terry Blake

• 452 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
BINGO - this is what I was going to ask. I need to resend faxes the easiest way without retyping the whole dang thing.
Photo of Pria Jayaraman

Pria Jayaraman

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Jim, RC has a feature to send fax transmission results, both success and failures. Currently we do not separate out notifications by result type. It's a great suggestion, we'll add this to our enhancement list. Thank you!

Best Regards,
Product Management Team
Photo of Pria Jayaraman

Pria Jayaraman

Resending failed faxes is an enhancement we are planning to add to the product soon! Thank you for your feedback!

Best Regards,
Product Management Team
Photo of Jonathan Talan

Jonathan Talan

• 62 Points
Please make sure it's a feature available to not only "Failed" faxes. I had a successful fax go though fine on our/your end but the receive didnt get it all so i need to be able to resend a successful fax too
Photo of Pria Jayaraman

Pria Jayaraman

Hi Jonathan,

Can you please tell me how often this happens to you i.e. it appears successful but the receiver does not get it?

Thanks!
several times a week.
Photo of Stevyn Dembo

Stevyn Dembo

• 70 Points
Wow .... such an obvious feature is missing! Yes ... I require to easily (with the push of a icon) re-send failed faxes! Easily resending successful faxes is also required because fax machines at the other end can crap out!

Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,998 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
This idea has now been implemented. We are in the process of pushing out our 7.4 update which includes the option to "resend" and also "forward" a fax and even view your sent faxes. 

Mike 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.