Softkey Linekey modifications Polycom Soundpoint ip 450

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Is there a way to modify the Line key and Soft key buttons on a RC provisioned POLYCOM soundpoint IP 450.  It seems as thought I can change speed dial easily but it will not let me remove or add a second line to one of the keys. It also appears that I can not modify/add/delete ANY of the Soft Key's,  I am able to access the polycom 450 through a web interface but I am unable to save any changes.  Also is there a way to get a custom background on the 450's it says that this feature is disabled. 
There seems to be very limited ability with the current RC firmware. Is there a firmware that I can roll back to on the phone and still work with the RC server?

I had full functionality with the web interface for the phone through our previous provider.

I am assuming the answers after reading a few summary postings is that RC has a locked or un-modifiable server or firmware for the phone?
  • The first objective is to remove the 3 redundant line key positions and replace them with speed dial locations.
  • The second objective is to change soft keys to different(more useful functions)
Photo of Tim DeWitt

Tim DeWitt

• 70 Points

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 33,420 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Tim,

Sorry for the delayed response.

At this time, we can change the background on some phones (not all) - to learn more about this contact your Account Manager.

You can modify how many Line Keys you have on your phone via the web GUI. If you need help with that don't hesitate to contact our Support Team so we can do a screen share and walk you through it.

As for the Softkey question, I would definitely suggest contacting our Support Team so we can look into if this is possible (I'm unaware of a way to make the changes you are looking for).