Softphone update 7.2.3

• Praise
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: This post has been removed as it has either contains incorrect/outdated information, or is being removed for routine maintenance in order to keep the Community organized and search friendly. https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/why-was-my-

For the first time, today the RC softphone alerted me to download and install the latest version of the app 7.2.3.15090:

Photo of Claudio (Customer)

Claudio (Customer)

• 14,090 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of katybaum

katybaum

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Just received that as well. Have not tried the scan yet. Expecting that it will work! Great step in the right direction.
Photo of Bob Wenzlau

Bob Wenzlau

• 494 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The update button for me got stuck in an update loop. My solution was just to delete the app, and go to the download center.  I don't know why it got in a loop (each time I click the app, it prompted to update again.)  Perhaps I was too eager.  

Claudio (Customer)

Yeah, try with a clean install but be aware that the versions from the Portal not always are the latest... RC distribute the updates not all at the same time.
Photo of Regina

Regina

• 2,750 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Warning- there are some features you may not like.  When a call comes in, a separate window opens to answer- and it often appears behind your other windows, so hard to find.  
Also, Volume keeps reverting to low.  
Also, Cover sheet reverting to English and will not let us choose our custom cover sheet.

How can we reinstall the last version????

Claudio (Customer)

Let me see if someone can send you the link to the previous version
Photo of Regina

Regina

Thank you!  Usually Mike will catch wind of this and assist...
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 94,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Regina, See my post below regarding the volume and window layering.  If you still want the old version, reply back here and I can email you a link if you still want to revert back. 
(Edited)
Photo of Regina

Regina

Also- whoever's info you typed on the cover sheet for the last fax you sent, stays on the next cover sheet unless you change it.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Thanks for sharing Regina, I have not seen this yet.  Can you open a case and include the time/dates of this example and include screenshots?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Official Response
Regarding the Volume control, there is actually a Windows setting that you can change to fix this, which you'll find on this page: After updating softphone to 7.2.3 - volume is low

There is also an on/off switch that controls the window in case you want it on top of other windows. Instructions are here: “New Window” takes precedence and the user can no longer type.
Photo of Regina

Regina

Hi Mike- I knew you'd come through!

However, we have attempted both of these fixes and they do not seem to correct the issues mentioned.  :-(
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

Hi Regina,  If you'd like to open a case, here's the link.  The steps above should work.  
Photo of Regina

Regina

Will do!!
Photo of Regina

Regina

PS- As far as the volume fix, I am reluctant to do this as we are in a busy call center and we try to filter out as much background noise as possible.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.