Why aren't any printers appearing using the Softphone?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate.  If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

On softphone when I need to send a fax, I push the scan button from the fax menu and no printers appear for me to use to scan the paperwork. We have a new computer (Windows 8) in the office now and it has always worked fine on our windows vista computer. The HP Color LaserJet CM 1312nfi MFP printer is what we have and is connected through a network via wifi. We have also plugged it in through usb cord direct to the printer and it is still not showing up as a source.
Photo of Justin

Justin

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

• 7,270 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Justin,

Are the printers appearing in the list when you try to print from another application, like Word?

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of Daniel

Daniel

• 72 Points
I encounter the same problem. no printer or scanner detected by softphone, but all other application can use it.
Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

• 7,270 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Daniel,

What operating system are you on? Just in on Windows 8.

Also, are the printers appearing in the list when you try to print from another application, like Word?

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of Daniel

Daniel

• 72 Points
I am using Windows 7, all other applications ok.

The problem exist after upgrade to Softphone, I used Call Controller before is fine.
Photo of joseph

joseph

On softphone when I need to send a fax, I push the scan button from the fax menu and no printers appear for me to use to scan the paperwork
Photo of joseph

joseph

On softphone when I need to send a fax, I push the scan button from the fax menu and no printers appear for me to use to scan the paperwork
Have same problem with Windows 7 and new version of Softphone. Filed a ticket with ring Central support, and they said to re-install, but that did not help.
Have same problem with Windows 7 and new version of Softphone. Filed a ticket with ring Central support, and they said to re-install, but that did not help.
Photo of Jim Allmon

Jim Allmon

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I found a way. Uninstall the 64 bit softphone and re-install the 32 bit one. It will work and pick up the printers. Unless you have Win 8... then you're out of luck.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi all, thanks for your patience. I spoke to our product managers about this, and they suggested that you check the softphone version you've installed. The 64-bit softphone will only be compatible with 64-bit scanner drivers, and the 32-bit softphone will only work with scanner drivers that are also 32-bit.
Photo of Mark McRae

Mark McRae

• 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Still does not work with installing the right version (32 or 64 bit) of software.
Photo of Jim Allmon

Jim Allmon

have 64 bit drivers on a 64 bit machine and still don't see a scanner
Photo of Mark McRae

Mark McRae

• 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have 64 bit machine and 64 bit drivers installed and I don't see a scanner either.
Photo of Jim Allmon

Jim Allmon

I found a way. Uninstall the 64 bit softphone and re-install the 32 bit one. It will work and pick up the printers. Unless you have Win 8... then you're out of luck.
I am having the same problem after upgrading. I was on the phone with technical support just to get the new version to sync. Hung up and discovered no scanners! Filed a ticket and no response.
Photo of Jim Allmon

Jim Allmon

Photo of Lori Keller

Lori Keller

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
When will we have a solution to this!  I too have had no assistance from support, this is not acceptable for us.
Photo of Jim Allmon

Jim Allmon

Lori... I found a way. Uninstall the 64 bit softphone and re-install the 32 bit one. It will work and pick up the printers. Unless you have Win 8... then you're out of luck.
Photo of Jim Allmon

Jim Allmon

Lori... I found a way. Uninstall the 64 bit softphone and re-install the 32 bit one. It will work and pick up the printers. Unless you have Win 8... then you're out of luck.
Photo of Lori Keller

Lori Keller

sadly Jim, I am on Win8.
Photo of Lori Keller

Lori Keller

I did try both the 64bit softphone and the 32bit one.  Neither works. :(
Photo of Jim Allmon

Jim Allmon

Yeah... Win 8 is a no go. Supposedly Engineering has escalated it, but who knows?
Photo of Lori Keller

Lori Keller

Thanks Jim. I sure hope so, this has been super frustrating.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,948 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sorry nobody has replied to this thread yet. If anyone is still having a problem with this feel free to reply and we'll do our best to help you out. 

Mike 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.