Softphone wish list

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Under Consideration
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate.  If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

I wish users could view presence and use it to handle calls. I think the softphone can and should be developed into a call assistant to use in conjunction with the desk phones. Many new IP PBX's have gone to these call assistant type programs. Maybe even drag and drop phone calls would be a pipe dream! Let me know your thoughts!
Photo of JW Lodge

JW Lodge

• 936 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Great ideas, JW! We actually do have many softphone enhancements in the pipeline. I'll file this as a feature request from your account. Thanks!
Photo of Kevin Short

Kevin Short

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Is it possible for the softphone to download or access the online directory for outgoing faxes? All I see is the Outlook directory or Windows Mail. I would like to use the directory I have created for the online application. thankyou.
Photo of Ben Foster

Ben Foster, Alum

• 6,124 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Good question, Kevin. At the moment, the softphone can only access Outlook/Windows Mail contacts, as you discovered. The softphone enhancements we have in the works will provide the functionality you're looking for, though. Stay tuned!
Photo of Rob Goldstein

Rob Goldstein

• 452 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
i would like to see integration with Sage's Act Pro CRM so that the dialer in Sage would connect a call through my softphone instead of having to click through to my phone app and dialing the number manually

Photo of Roberto Lara

Roberto Lara

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
New RingCentral User. Just coming off using Bria for 2 years. Would really like to see "presence display" utility on the softphone app. Bria has it and it is really practical especially for those of us working from a fully virtual workplace.
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.