Softphones Unable to Log In

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: 12/16/16: Problem logging into RingCentral Desktop, Meetings and Mobile applications. (Resolved: 9:50 am MST)

200+ people in the call center is unable to connect to RIngCentral. Nobody can log into RingCentral for Windows.
Photo of Daniel Salinas

Daniel Salinas

• 696 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Bill Brine

Bill Brine

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Similar issue here:  we can login via the app, but can only receive calls. 
Photo of David

David

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Bill, are you referring to the app for a smartphone?
Photo of Bill Brine

Bill Brine

Sorry should have been more explicit.  We are using the Windows app
Photo of Jack Flynn

Jack Flynn

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The Android app seems to have no issues, at least no more than usual.
Same issue here we are able to make calls but not able to receive in few cases even not able to login.
Photo of Dan Vers

Dan Vers

• 62 Points
We cannot login to RingCentral for Windows. Getting error - Network error has occurred. Any updates? TIA
Photo of Marit Kana

Marit Kana

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same issues here.  Network error on desktop app and smartphone app states, "Unable to Login.  An error occurred while attempting to complete your request.  Would you like to try again?"
(Edited)
Photo of Slicktop

Slicktop

• 882 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Some PC softphone users can get logged in, but have "Only Calling Available" message and can make/take calls.  Some users can't even get logged in.  Android app is working for calls, but messaging is not working.  Not able to get logged into "Service Status" site either.  I opened a support case.

Photo of Deron Wilkes

Deron Wilkes

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Unable to log in to the softphone apps on windows or softphones.
Photo of Campbell

Campbell

• 60 Points
Same issue here, we cannot login to RingCentral for Windows. Getting error - Network error has occurred. My call center is unable to take calls also.
Photo of Beth

Beth

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We have the same issue. I waited on hold for over an hour and when I spoke to support, I was told there is no update, no information, no forecast or projection on how long we will be down, no information on what is causing the outage; basically they have no update. This call ended 2 minutes ago ...
Photo of Joanne Pecina

Joanne Pecina

• 60 Points
Can't log in either.....
Photo of John Chapman

John Chapman

• 60 Points
Same issue - "Only Calling Available"  Located in NC.
Photo of Joseph Campbell

Joseph Campbell

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
SoftPhone unavailable
Photo of Alvaro Aranda

Alvaro Aranda

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same issue here, our offices are open & nobody can take calls.
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 28,354 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I'm getting this weird alert in my RC4W
We've got that too
Photo of Jack Flynn

Jack Flynn

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My advice is not to sign out, with my users it seems that once they log out with that message there is no getting back in.
Photo of ROBERTS

ROBERTS

• 314 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Same here
Photo of Bill Brine

Bill Brine

We've seen that before, seems to happen whenever there is an outage of some sort.  Seeing it here too.

Photo of Keith Miller

Keith Miller

• 404 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
their support is about the same level of helpful as comcast
Photo of Slicktop

Slicktop

You are giving RingCentral support WAY too much credit.
Photo of Dev Basu

Dev Basu

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
same here can't connect using phone app and desktop app
Photo of Justin Davis

Justin Davis

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Same here. No one can log in. I also sat on hold for several minutes so I'm guessing I'm far from the only one calling in about this.
Photo of Daniel Rodriguez

Daniel Rodriguez

Can't log in on RC4M
Photo of Jennifer Escott

Jennifer Escott

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We are having a similar issue as well with RingCentral app on both a Mac and Windows platform. Any idea as to a resolution?
Photo of Gail Bradford

Gail Bradford

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm having the same issue, both my windows app and my iphone are unable to log in.  I've been on hold about an hour now.  
Photo of Wendi Kali

Wendi Kali

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We're having the same issue here in MA. Unable to log into softphones and those that stayed logged in last night are only able to call out. 
Photo of SPP

SPP

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same problem here, with iPhone app and Softphone on Mac. Opened a case (#05277373). 
Photo of Brad Wilson

Brad Wilson

• 336 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Also having an issue, do we need a ticket or let ride for a bit
Photo of Matt Mikolajczyk

Matt Mikolajczyk

• 1,414 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
My experience is unable to login to Ringcentral for Desktop on PC, Ringcentral Meetings, or the health site on the service site. Been on hold trying to reach support for over 45 minutes. I have also reached out to my account rep to try to get someone. I suggest trying to reach out to all of your RingCentral contacts to try to get an answer.
Photo of Brian Dampman

Brian Dampman

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
There is an outage ... calling into their call center actually makes matters worse
Photo of Slicktop

Slicktop

They need to be notified and track how widespread the problem is.  Open a case if you can't get through on the phone.

Matt Mikolajczyk

Audio conferencing by itself seems to be working at this time. I have not had any issues with desk phone receiving/placing calls so at least I can talk to the outside world!!

Also, issue is not customer network specific as I have had users working remotely today in the Baltimore region having the same issue.

Matt Mikolajczyk

Ticket 05277400 has been generated. I did speak to support and they are not sure what the issue is and are still investigating it. When you call support, they asked for a tracert to api.ringcentral.com just to verify.
Photo of Slicktop

Slicktop

Yeah, just like them to try and place the blame on your network when it is obviously them having an issue.  Tracert reaches their endpoint in San Jose, which means we will likely be out until the West Coast wakes up...
Photo of Robert Jerina

Robert Jerina

• 2,460 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
It may not be them placing blame on your network, just getting a traceroute from people that aren't working can help identify an upstream routing problem. While RC has been down a lot this year, sometimes it's been an upstream problem not in their control.
(Edited)
Photo of Slicktop

Slicktop

It might possibly help in some instances, but in this case tracert results are ending up completing with termination inside their network.

Matt Mikolajczyk

I agree with tracert being helpful. If the tracert shows a complete path, it could be there is an old living route in there that just hasn't been removed yet. We had a problem with a internet provider a couple of years ago that made routing changes that weren't supposed to affect users, but upon a simple tracert, they identified just such a route and corrected it. Not saying that is the issue here, but any help is help!!
Photo of Michael Holmes

Michael Holmes

Our call centers in FL and OH are both down at the moment as well. Working on getting in touch with Ringcentral as well.
Photo of Brian Dampman

Brian Dampman

There is an outage ... calling into their call center actually makes matters worse
Photo of Slicktop

Slicktop

They need to know customers are having an issue so they can resolve it.  Open a case online.  Not all of RingCentral is down.  Physical VOIP phones are working fine as is the online portal.  Desktop and Cell phone applications are having an issue. 
Photo of David Fuller

David Fuller

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Just got off the phone with ringcentral and they have no estimate on time, no idea of how to fix this issue and no rollback plan in place.  I was told this by one of their supervisors who is in contact with their engineering department.  Our contact center has been down for 2 hours now.

I've already submitted my traceroute to our ticket 05277320.
Photo of Marc Advertising

Marc Advertising

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Sales office down in Ontario, Canada.

Wish there was some sort of fallback cause this is pretty crazy considering cost. Currently watching RC4D and RC4M. Unable to chat, and support call times are long, but I don't think that would help anyway unless we have a solution for them. Good luck out there.

RC4D - MacOS & Windows - Both returning 'network error'
RC4M - Android 7.1.1 - Pixel - not working
(Edited)
Photo of Jesus Anaya

Jesus Anaya, Champion

• 898 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Unable to log into the Chrome extension or the website at the moment.
Chrome Ext: "Error encountered during initial loading. App will re-load in 60 seconds."

All users down :/ Nextiva where you at?

I really like RC.. I do. But downtime overall this year has simply been too much. :(
(Edited)
Photo of [none]

[none]

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
unable to use SMS! does anyone know if any messages that came in during the outage are being queued up and we will see them when the network is back online?
Photo of Danno

Danno, Champion

• 28,170 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
No sure.  I would set notifications for SMS to your email so you don't loose them while they fix.

Matt Mikolajczyk

I would assume they are not queued, but I could be wrong. When there was an outage before, the system would not take voicemails at all and if SMS can't reach the mailbox for the user, then it would fail.
Photo of [none]

[none]

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
we do have our setting to send SMS notifications to email- tested it and it does work- thanks for that suggestion Danno!

Matt Mikolajczyk

As many of you are, I am extremely frustrated that there are no answers to what the issue is. Yes I understand time to investigate matters, but to my knowledge, the outage has been about 1.5 hours for the East Coast. RingCentral is supposed to be based on a high availability model, but that seems to only be for the actual phone calls themselves. Hopefully, this outage, once resolved, will have their Exec team looking to rework their service model for fully redundant systems for all facets of the RingCentral platform. If those systems are in place today, then I fully redact this statement, but a system like that shouldn't show issues like this.
Photo of David Fuller

David Fuller

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree.  What's most concerning is the fact that they have no rollback plan in place according to the supervisor I spoke with.  Did they, Ringcentral, run the upgrades on all servers at the same time and now have no way to revert the changes.  For us here on the west coast it has been over 2 hours that our contact center has been down.
Photo of Robert Jerina

Robert Jerina

• 2,460 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
While I would hope they do that, they really should have done so during the other major outages they had this year as well. =\
Photo of Alex Duncan

Alex Duncan

• 62 Points
No one in my call center is able to login to their phones this morning. Called RingCentral support, and was told to check here. Not helpful.
Photo of Brian Dampman

Brian Dampman

Hurry up and wait
Photo of MeatHeadPro

MeatHeadPro

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
There's no way to log people into the queue from the admin portal?  Seems like an over site.
Photo of Slicktop

Slicktop

Why, can't the user login to the portal and change their status?
Photo of A&H

A&H

• 14 Points
We are down here in MN. Softphone for Mac & PC not working. Have tried restarting multiple times. 
Photo of Brian Dampman

Brian Dampman

restarting ahahah ... did your IT guy say to do that?

Matt Mikolajczyk

When humor is justified since there is nothing you can do in the situation that is controlled by someone else!!
Photo of Brian Dampman

Brian Dampman

Laughter is a way of life. Of coarse I want to act stressed in front of my group as I am hemorrhaging losses. But as a leader to my group keeping that joy in the moment is most important. Count your blessings and your life will become more positive. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.