Special Ring tone for certain Incoming CallerID numbers

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • In Progress
I am an insurance agency and I work with mortgage brokers that will send me leads.  To offer a higher level of service to the brokers, I would like a way for our staff to know when they are calling vs. normal calls.  My thought was to have a different ring tone when the brokers caller ID comes in.  I would need to assign this ring tone to about 8 different caller ID numbers.  Is this possible?  

If the ring tone is not possible, another thought was having a dedicated number the brokers would call.  If I did this, any ideas how I could have their calls stand out from other callers?

Thanks!
Scottie
Photo of WYATT

WYATT

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 43,480 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Scottie!

Right now we don't have Distinctive RingTones for when different calls come in. Please vote and follow this request.

For the dedicated phone number, I think we could get something to work! Could you provide more details about the call flow you currently have? Are calls coming into a queue or a direct extension? What kind of behavior are you looking for?
Photo of WYATT

WYATT

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Saadet, thanks for your reply.  The calls for our main number are coming into an auto-receptionist and it sequentially rings different extensions until it goes to VM (after ~5 total rings).  

I would like to give VIP people one of the phone numbers tied to an extension.  When that number is called, it would have a distinctive ring tone because that same number/extension is part of the auto-reception call handling for our main phone number.  The distinctive ring tone would help differentiate the call from a standard call. 
Secondly, if the phone is not answered, it would ring a sequential number 2 times before going into a VM.  It would be good if it keeps the same distinctive ring as it goines through the call handling sequence. Thanks.
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 43,480 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi WYATT, so we're not going to be able to do a differentiating ringtone like you're hoping but maybe for that specific phone number that is being dialed, you can change a setting on the Extension where the Incoming Caller ID pops up as the number dialed. That might help!