User Settings: disable call flip (turn DTMF/touch-tones off) - Disable Star/Pound * #

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
There are times when we call another business or service number that requires us to press the star key for a menu item. Every time one of our employees presses the star key, it enters the RingCentral call menu. Is there some way we can change this? Perhaps to something like [ * ] + [ # ] + [ * ]?
Photo of Mike Hemmes

Mike Hemmes

• 330 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Michael Tobin

Michael Tobin

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We had mixed results with waiting a defined amount after hitting the star key, and none of our users could remember to do this.  

As I stated in my reply 4 months ago, you can open a support ticket and request that Call Flip be turned of for your service.  We never used it anyway.  We have been able to use our Join.me, WebEx, GoToMeeting, and other conference services ever since with NO ISSUES.  
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,574 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
RingCentral now allows Call Flip DTMF to be disabled or enabled by the Admin

Note: This will apply to all users on the account (not individual users independently)- so this change can only be made when a System Admin requests it.  If the Admin does turn off Call Flip they should notify all users on the account, so that the users don't think it's broken if/when they go to use it. This change will need to be done by support on the back end. 
  • ENABLED (turned off) - Call Flip using DTMF will not work, and Call Flip via Mobile App and Desktop app will also not work.
  • DISABLED (RingCentral's default setting) - Call Flip will function as normal.

(Edited)
Photo of David Ahn

David Ahn

• 154 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled User Settings: disable call flip (turn DTMF/touch-tones off).

I have staff members who try to get through Medicare's automated system, but are unable to because every time I try to enter a letter, RC thinks I am initiating a call flip... (*,2,1: for letter A etc).

If they could figure out a way to disable this, it would literally save us hours a week of being on hold. 

I really hope that RC can find a solution.
Photo of vic88

vic88

• 310 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Deskphone: How to disable/re-arrange VVX410 special key function for *1 and *9?.

How can I "disable" or "re-arrange" Ringcentral phone VVX410 special key function for "*1" and "*9"? I contacted Ringcentral and they said this is hardcode it and need to unlock the phone in order to update? but will void the warranty?  These key conflict our WebEx meeting function key.
Photo of Josie Summa

Josie Summa

• 118 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Dialing *2 transfers my outbound call to my cell phone? Why?.

I am in the US, dialing another US client's office from my softphone and their automated attendant answers.  My options are to dial the extension of the person I want to reach, or dial *2 for their dial-by-name directory.  

I do not know the extension of the person I am calling, so I dial *2.  My call is transferred, I hear 4+ rings, and get the voice mail to MY OWN CELL PHONE.  Tested this 3 times.  What just happened?