Suggestion to provide details for data that appears in analytic reports.

• Idea
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
There needs to be a way to get the underlying data used to provide "Abandoned" and "Refused" call counts.  Right now these numbers seem somewhat meaningless because you have to way to figure out what calls were designated as Abandoned or Refused.  These counts show up in the performance data and seem alarming.  But when you try to figure out what they really mean, no one can give you that detail.
Photo of Lisa Hewitt

Lisa Hewitt

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Dawn Pascale

Dawn Pascale

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Agreed. We need more detail on call reporting.  
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,092 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Lisa, does the information on this thread help you? 
Photo of Lisa Hewitt

Lisa Hewitt

No.  I fully understand the definitions of "abandoned" and "refused" calls.  But I cannot determine which calls are designated this way based on the data that is provided.  The call data that you can download doesn't seem to show you which calls were abandoned or refused.

Furthermore I had a very confusing "chat" conversation the other day with respect to "refused" calls.  When I pulled up data for one specific user, it was showing a refused call count that was greater than the total call count for that same user.  This doesn't make sense to me.  How could someone actually refuse more calls than they even got?  The explanation that was given had something to do with call queues, but then why would "refused" call counts even show up on a User report?
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,092 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Lisa, could you provide me an example? You can post screen shots here (feel free to blur out anything you'd like to)
Photo of Lisa Hewitt

Lisa Hewitt

Here you go.

Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,112 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Lisa, sorry it's taken so long to get an answer on this!

Basically, the reason why the Refused Calls section is higher than total calls is because when a call comes into a Queue and is not answered by an agent, the Inbound isn't counted but the Refused is. 

For instance, if I call into the Queue and someone answers the result would show Inbound = 1 and Answered = 1.

However, if I call into the Queue and no one answers the result would show Inbound = 0 and Refused = 1.

I'm going to leave this request up and have shared it with our Product Team since I can see how this would be alarming and confusing!