Sync Personal Contacts in RingCentral App (Glip)

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
Within the RingCentral App (Glip) personal contacts that you create through the RingCentral admin portal are not synced but, they are in the mobile application. It would be nice if contacts that you input would sync across the board in all versions of the application. 
Photo of Marina Stambaugh

Marina Stambaugh, Employee

• 706 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of ACCOUNT

ACCOUNT

• 2,182 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
bump
Photo of Roxanne Emond

Roxanne Emond

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I've been searching the online community and help section for half an hour to figure out how to do this only to find it's not an option.  How is this not possible?
Photo of ACCOUNT

ACCOUNT

• 1,896 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Because RC coder priorities are geared towards options that no one uses.
Photo of Brian Moreno

Brian Moreno

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have asked tech support and all they tell me is to post in the community.  The goal was to use one app on my desktop and here I am still using 2.  RingCentral Phone syncs contacts.  Why wouldn't they add that to Glip so we can eliminate the Phone app?
(Edited)
Photo of ACCOUNT

ACCOUNT

• 2,162 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Everyone uses 2 or more apps to get all the features they want. It's a hassle.
Photo of Erik Bishop

Erik Bishop

• 226 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Bump. We need to have personal contacts added to the RC app especially if the goal is to consolidate to one app. 
Photo of Brian Moreno

Brian Moreno

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
since I posted 4 updates have been done and none involve it syncing with contacts.   The Phone app on computer does it why can't the previous Glip not Ringcentral app do it.  Then I can shutdown the phone app,.

(Edited)
Photo of Erik Bishop

Erik Bishop

• 226 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I agree
Photo of Kartik Mistry

Kartik Mistry

• 164 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

We are in the same boat. We only wanted to use the Glip app but due to limitations of such features, we have had to push out the Phone App. If the phone app can sync contacts, then surely you should be able to include it in the Glip app.
When is this feature going to be released within the Glip App?
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Kartik, I haven't been given any type of ETA regarding this request. If that changes, I'll post an update here
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can you make sure the SAVED CONTACTS for faxes from PHONE APP are available when ....
Photo of Paul S Aulakh CPA

Paul S Aulakh CPA

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Syncing Contacts.

the contacts need to be shared between multiple desktop apps as well as mobile app. This is really important as it wold provide all users with a centralized place for all contacts.
Photo of Jamie Martyn

Jamie Martyn

• 620 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Any update from RingCentral on this?  Contacts from mobile app need to sync with RingCentral/Glip desktop App.  Also, in the RingCentral/glip app for desktop app we need to be able to add/edit a contact so it's not just their phone number that displays. Very annoying but simple fix, however knowing all past requests to RingCentral this will go nowhere.

Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Jamie, this is something that is on the Product Team's radar but no ETA just yet. When that changes, I'll post an update :)
Photo of Leo Hovsepian

Leo Hovsepian

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I save my personal contacts across extensions?.

Im using MacOs 10.14.6 Mojave, RingCentral App, why can't I see my personal contacts, lets say I want to fax I don't wanna keep typing the phone number, I want to be able to put the name and it should autofill the phone number automatically.