Sync Personal Contacts in RingCentral App (Glip)

• Idea
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Planned
Within the RingCentral App (Glip) personal contacts that you create through the RingCentral admin portal are not synced but, they are in the mobile application. It would be nice if contacts that you input would sync across the board in all versions of the application. 
Photo of Marina Stambaugh

Marina Stambaugh, Employee

• 936 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of ACCOUNT

ACCOUNT

• 3,670 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
bump
Photo of Roxanne Emond

Roxanne Emond

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I've been searching the online community and help section for half an hour to figure out how to do this only to find it's not an option.  How is this not possible?
Photo of ACCOUNT

ACCOUNT

Because RC coder priorities are geared towards options that no one uses.
Photo of Brian Moreno

Brian Moreno

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have asked tech support and all they tell me is to post in the community.  The goal was to use one app on my desktop and here I am still using 2.  RingCentral Phone syncs contacts.  Why wouldn't they add that to Glip so we can eliminate the Phone app?
(Edited)
Photo of ACCOUNT

ACCOUNT

Everyone uses 2 or more apps to get all the features they want. It's a hassle.
Photo of Erik Bishop

Erik Bishop

• 268 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Bump. We need to have personal contacts added to the RC app especially if the goal is to consolidate to one app. 
Photo of Brian Moreno

Brian Moreno

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
since I posted 4 updates have been done and none involve it syncing with contacts.   The Phone app on computer does it why can't the previous Glip not Ringcentral app do it.  Then I can shutdown the phone app,.

(Edited)
Photo of Erik Bishop

Erik Bishop

• 268 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I agree
Photo of Kartik Mistry

Kartik Mistry

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

We are in the same boat. We only wanted to use the Glip app but due to limitations of such features, we have had to push out the Phone App. If the phone app can sync contacts, then surely you should be able to include it in the Glip app.
When is this feature going to be released within the Glip App?
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 69,502 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Kartik, I haven't been given any type of ETA regarding this request. If that changes, I'll post an update here
Photo of Micah Warschausky

Micah Warschausky

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Saadet, we really need contacts synced across the ecosystem. I should be able to sync with Google or Outlook contacts.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can you make sure the SAVED CONTACTS for faxes from PHONE APP are available when ....
Photo of Paul S Aulakh CPA

Paul S Aulakh CPA

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Syncing Contacts.

the contacts need to be shared between multiple desktop apps as well as mobile app. This is really important as it wold provide all users with a centralized place for all contacts.
Photo of Jamie Martyn

Jamie Martyn

• 640 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Any update from RingCentral on this?  Contacts from mobile app need to sync with RingCentral/Glip desktop App.  Also, in the RingCentral/glip app for desktop app we need to be able to add/edit a contact so it's not just their phone number that displays. Very annoying but simple fix, however knowing all past requests to RingCentral this will go nowhere.

Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 69,502 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Jamie, this is something that is on the Product Team's radar but no ETA just yet. When that changes, I'll post an update :)
Photo of Gary Sparks

Gary Sparks

• 362 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Well they need to do a better job on this and give us an ETA.  The fact that I can exchange SMS messages with a human being ("name") on my RC iPhone app, but can only exchange SMS messages with a phone ("number") on my RC Desktop app, is absolutely insane.  A rookie college graduate -- even a rookie high school graduate -- could code this synchronicity in a matter of hours.
Photo of Leo Hovsepian

Leo Hovsepian

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I save my personal contacts across extensions?.

Im using MacOs 10.14.6 Mojave, RingCentral App, why can't I see my personal contacts, lets say I want to fax I don't wanna keep typing the phone number, I want to be able to put the name and it should autofill the phone number automatically.
Photo of Tom Sklopan Jr.

Tom Sklopan Jr.

• 60 Points
Bump is there any eta for this feature?
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 13,848 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Product advised that this will be updated in mid 2020! 
Photo of ACCOUNT

ACCOUNT

I don't understand how you can have a popular company that is well-known for it's phone service capabilities do a complete 180 on basic functionality. The new "all inclusive" desktop app (when feature parity is reached, I get it) can't even be bothered to include a phonebook. Phone devices have been managing contacts for 30 years and yet RingCentral is putting this "feature" last on it's to-do list this year when it should have been addressed a year or more ago?

Seriously, RingCentral is not going to give users the ability to manage contacts here for the entire first half of 2020? If this is true, I can't see many productive business owners sticking around. Lots of contracts will be ending in the next 6 months. This move is highly counter-productive for customers and RingCentral's profit. RingCentral stock is overvalued. Time to sell.

Micah Warschausky

Agreed. This is ridiculous. We need this feature yesterday.
Photo of Gary Sparks

Gary Sparks

• 362 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I'm shocked.  I just migrated and can't believe that the functionality exists only on my iPhone app and not on my Desktop app.
Photo of Nirupama Yalavarti

Nirupama Yalavarti

• 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Is this update going to be pushed End of June 2020? Im using a free trial now. And as everyone here is pointing out, this is a key/basic  feature for a phone app. Also would be nice to have Contacts added under Company contacts as one list, so each user does not have to import their own. After all this is a work application, not personal. One master list of company contacts, where any user can add a contact to the list is whats needed here. Please advise with an update.

Micah Warschausky

Nirupama... no it's not. It's never happening. Jump ship.. I've been waiting for this for like a year now. It's such an easy thing for them to do (cloud based contacts across the account with integration for Google, Apple, etc) that their failure to implement it either signals complete incompetence or complete disregard for customer needs. Either way, get out of here leave this sinking ship! I wish I did!
(Edited)
Photo of PELVICORE PT

PELVICORE PT

• 214 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
RC is forcing us to migrate to the new app, yet it doesn't have all the same BASIC functionality as the previous Phone app!!  They added new features that, to me, might benefit larger companies, but took away the very simple NECESSARY features that I, as a sole proprietor, need to be able to do my work quickly during my day. IT'S INSANE!  I not only have too many message conversations going on with clients-- NONE OF WHOM I KNOW WHO I'M TEXTING WITH IN THE NEW APP since I can only see phone numbers-- and I can't see the name of whom I'm receiving message from, I can't initiate a message without going to the old Phone app or my Apple contacts to copy and paste their number, and there are no dedicated buttons to click to initiate a text message!!  WTH?!?  Also, trying to send out a fax is not much better-- you have to click on the "call" button (looks like a phone handset), then click on fax, then click on the compose fax button.  On the Phone app-- it's a single click on the fax button.  VERY TEDIOUS and honestly is wasting the little time I have during my work day.  What Einstein designed this??  I have been a loyal Ring Central user for 10 years now, but this is a deal breaker for me. Either they prioritize these simple changes, first and foremost to ADD CONTACT SYNC WITH MAC, or they postpone the date when the Phone app will be eliminated.  My contract is coming up soon and I have no issues moving to another service that will actually simplify my job, not make it more difficult.  And, for RC to say they'll get around to adding contacts in mid-2020-- SERIOUSLY??   SIMPLY TERRIBLE, RING CENTRAL!
Photo of Becky - Community Support

Becky - Community Support, Official Rep

• 4,760 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
We've replied to your email - please connect with us via that conversation. 
Photo of ACCOUNT

ACCOUNT

PELVICORE PT is 100% correct.

Photo of Ash Brown

Ash Brown

• 106 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have personal contacts when I'm logged in online and on the RC Phone app, but not on the RingCentral Windows desktop app? What bloody rubbish. 
Photo of Mike Fitzgerald

Mike Fitzgerald

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm going to add my support to the fact that this is totally unacceptable. RING CENTRAL - PLEASE ESCALATE THIS FIX!!!!
Photo of Espri gas

Espri gas

• 64 Points
Agreed! We just signed a contract and now may be regretting this. This is absolutely a huge factor to consider when you have employees who have reduced productivity.  The constant prompts to upgrade to the new software need to be delayed until internal UAT has passed inspection. 
Photo of Marcus Pryor

Marcus Pryor

• 138 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is incredibly disappointing, given that the RC Phone app has this functionality.  It is simply irresponsible for this feature to not be expedited, when RC is transitioning aggressively to an app with less core features than the one they're deprecating.
Photo of Rickkee

Rickkee

• 1,226 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
The feature has been requested in this forum for three years.  To sum it up in one word, the RingCentral App for desktop is asinine.   Stating Q4 or Q4 2020 is just a pacifying put-off and unacceptable.
Photo of John Pacillo

John Pacillo

• 62 Points
Any updated on this?  Just switched, so we're still within our 30 day cancellation.  I can't believe this isn't a feature that has been around since the beginning.

Micah Warschausky

Yeah, if you're banking on this you'll want to cancel right now. I've been waiting on this feature and I wish I never switched to this company. It's a relatively easy feature to implement, especially compared to their other feature offerings across apps... the fact that they haven't even in the face of this criticism speaks volumes about their goals and loyalties.
Photo of Jamie Gorton

Jamie Gorton

• 256 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Agreed, get out while you can, you will be waiting for years for things you probably just assumed were already built in but aren't.
Photo of Fabian Metz

Fabian Metz

• 60 Points
Still seems to be an issue. Personal contacts from admin space online are not synced in desktop app.
Photo of Nirupama Yalavarti

Nirupama Yalavarti

• 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This is a much needed feature. It's already mid 2020. As promised, can we expect a release for this feature now? 

Micah Warschausky

No. Never. Seriously, this is a 3 year old issue.