Sync/View Gmail contacts in Glip

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • (Edited)
Add feature to sync / view Gmail contacts in Glip like you can with the Ring Central Phone app. It's frustrating seeing a bunch of phone numbers under People where people are sending SMS messages and not being able to know who they are. For this reason I do NOT use the Glip app for the majority of communication. I would start using Glip as the primary program if this feature was available.
Photo of Nate Pickles

Nate Pickles

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Icemanwolf

Icemanwolf

• 464 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yes! Being able to sync our contacts and favorites from either the mobile app, Google contacts or the soft phone would make it much easier to make calls or send texts in this new system, so we can just type or search someone's name to call or text them.
Photo of Icemanwolf

Icemanwolf

• 464 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Actually, there's not even a way to manually add a person's name to a phone number.  When I click the settings icon next to a phone number, I'm looking for the ability to add name or create new contact, but I don't see anything. Am I missing something?
Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 38,668 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately there is no way to edit this info, yet. I'm hoping the Product Team gets this implemented because it's hard to memorize dozens of phone numbers :P
Photo of Fredrik Eriksson

Fredrik Eriksson

• 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Totally agree with Icemanwolf. As long as RingCentral App is unable to display the names for external users (true for both SMS and the built-in phone), it's "unified" in name only. With hundreds of contacts it becomes impossible to keep them apart and effectively renders it useless for our team. We'll stick with the RingCentral Phone App until this is implemented.
Photo of Cherry

Cherry

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled intergration with gmail contacts & Glip(new RingCentral App)?.

Can you please create intergration with gmail contacts with Glip? Not having contacts makes it hard to know who is texting you in the new Ringcentral App