Is there a way to temporarily un-assign phone numbers?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution, has become inactive, or information contained in this thread is no longer accurate. If you have questions or comments related to this to thread, please create a new topic, or post to anot

Is there a way, if we want to shuffle phones/phone numbers, is there a way we can do so without canceling things? \

Example: If I have two phones that I want to swap the numbers, is there an easy way to do that without purchasing a new number to be the "sub-out"?

Thanks!
Photo of Alex Iliff

Alex Iliff

• 4,154 Points 4k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Desiree

Desiree, Alum

• 7,250 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Alex,

You need to have a "spare" number in order to temporarily re-assign phone numbers. 

http://success.ringcentral.com/articles/RC_Knowledge_Article/How-to-change-an-existing-phone-number?...

But, this is a good idea.

How often do you switch numbers?

Thanks.

Desiree
Photo of Alex Iliff

Alex Iliff

• 4,154 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Surprisingly often. I can't seem to have people keep phones in one location, and to us, assigning the numbers to a particular phone is important. I'd say...it's probably 5th priority on my wish list for you guys. Thanks for looking out!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.