Terrific phone system with a few major flaws. My assistant can not dial out my extension from her phone.

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Answered
I am converting from cablevision (optimum) phone system to Ring Central. There are hundreds of ways in which the RingCentral phone system is far superior but there are a few major flaws. Currently I am extension 1. phone# -2319 and my assistant is extension 2. phone #-5743

When a call comes into -2319 it also rings my assistant at -5743 simultaneously. That works perfectly!

I have presence set up for both. So if she is busy on her line I can see it lit up on my phone. And if I am on a call she can see that on her phone as well. And if I put my call on hold on my line she can pick up on her phone. That works perfectly!

Now very simply. If I ask my assistant to pick up my phone# -2319 and dial out, so on the caller ID it shows -2319, This is impossible! That is unbelievable, My old cablevisions phone could do this no problem. There are times where my assitant needs to dial out from her line - 5743 with her caller ID, that works perfectly. But she cannot simply pick up the phone and dial out from my line -2319 and have the -2319 show in the outgoing caller ID? Are you kidding me?

If we can fix this issue I found a problem with the Desktop App HUD. 

Also when I called support. They suggested the calls get routed to the main(virtual number) first. This does not work because you lose the inbound caller ID. This also will not work because we will be adding additional users at a later date so this will not solve the issue for them. I would like to simply have my extension 1 on my phone and also have extension 1 and 2 on her phone. Or something to that effect where my assistant can dial out my phone line on her phone....
Photo of Greg Bauer

Greg Bauer

• 70 Points

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of April Thompson

April Thompson

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
You could have her set the caller id for her softphone to your number and have her use her soft phone to make the calls that need to show your number while leaving her desk phone caller id set as her number