SMS: Group Message

• Idea
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • (Edited)
I am currently using send hub of which allows me to crate a group of contacts an label it for example ( Text Group 1). This is a group text per say, but the recipients do not see it as a group text. This is great for marketing to multiple clients at one time. If you go over 24 contacts you must use a reply code to stop texting but this is a good feature for Mortgage and Realtor Professionals like myself. So to recap its a group of contacts that I can press and send out how is your day going and they reply back to me directly not to everyone else. I just don't want to have to add 24 contacts every time I want to do this. There has to be a way to save them in a group. Major feature missing for business in virtual world.
Photo of Heisley

Heisley

• 1,350 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • Frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Mike Hoover

Mike Hoover

• 72 Points
  1. Account type: Office Standard
  2. A brief description of the business : Financial Services
  3. A high level description of the product or feature being requested: Group SMS so we can communicate with several parties in a transaction at once to give progress updates. 
  4. A typical use case scenario explaining how your business would use the feature: Text Listing Realtor,Selling realtor, buyer and Title co file progress updates.
  5. Benefit of such feature: ease of use
  6. Number of Users and/or Digital Lines: 45 users / 45 digital lines

(Edited)
Photo of Ken DeWitt

Ken DeWitt

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This seems very simple and a must have. The ability to even reply to a group text outside of our company is a MUST HAVE! Now, if one person sends me a text as part of a group text, i CANNOT reply at all. I am excluded from the conversation. Unless I have them stop using my work number and use my personal cell phone number, which on my android group texts work fine, like every other device in the world, except for Ring Central. Please update this! 
Photo of Kevin Hart

Kevin Hart

• 850 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
It would be great if responses to group messages didn't just fail inexplicably on desktop. 

The phone app just says "message is not sent. Message cannot be sent at this time. Please try again later." So we spent the last month with support only to be told "we don't support group sms try posting to the forum" Why wasn't that the answer when I first called? It is insane that you can't send a group text message in 2019.
Photo of Chris Leahy

Chris Leahy

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Group Texting.

Please add Group Texting to the text application. I would like to send out texts to multiple people within one text just like the cell phone providers.
Photo of John Hughes

John Hughes

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled group texting.

Wondering why we can text an individual, but not a group such as customer contacts
Photo of Alyssa Scott

Alyssa Scott

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Mass Text Feature.

We need to send a lot of group text messages with the same external phone numbers... can we please add a way to group them or add them to a text quickly without typing in each of their numbers?
Photo of Bryce Reem

Bryce Reem

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The ability to mass text on the RingCentral App..

1. U.S. & Canada 
2. Financial Newsletter 
3. The ability to mass text 250-500 clients.
4. We'd be sending a text to clients who are on an upsell list to see if they're interested in joining a higher level of membership then they currently belong.
5. Touch multiple people with very limited time.
6. 10-20 users
Photo of Ambre Caperton

Ambre Caperton

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Group Text to External Users.

We need to send a lot of group text messages with the same external phone numbers... Can we please add a way to group those contacts or add them to a text quickly without typing in each of their numbers?
Photo of John Abbott

John Abbott

• 148 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SMS messages and group threads.

I would love to see RC allow group threads for personal contacts to be seen by all in the group thread.  It would streamline the communication process.  Currently, the RC user needs to act as the single point of communication, but the ideas and conversations are coming from all parties involved.
Photo of Daniel Whitmore

Daniel Whitmore

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Adding a vote for group messaging via sms. People have been asking for this for 4 years.

Is RC going to put this on the roadmap?

As others have stated this is a huge defect in the app and may end up causing our company to move to another solution.

Can we get an update form RC? 4 Years guys.

Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 62,346 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Daniel, there's no ETA yet :/ I consistently bring this up to the Product Team. If I hear anything about it, you all will be the first to know! I really want this feature to happen!
Photo of Ken DeWitt

Ken DeWitt

We are looking at switching over to Jive. They do group texting, although have not confirmed yet. Any other ideas? 
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 36,178 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Jive does not do group texting.
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 36,178 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
There are a few providers that do group chat (chat = internal messages) but none that I am aware of that provide true group texting natively.
Photo of Daniel Whitmore

Daniel Whitmore

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Well if RC can pull it off they'll be the hero!
Photo of Diane Nelligan

Diane Nelligan

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
All I really need is the ability to text a response back - pretty basic stuff!  Right now I receive a text message, but have to email the sender my response.  Not efficient!  
Photo of Scott Sullivan

Scott Sullivan

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled sms group text for external numbers.

I would like to have the Group SMS on Ring Central act like a phone sms with the capability to form a group and everyone in the group see all the SMS messages
Photo of Ken DeWitt

Ken DeWitt

Is anyone at RingCentral even paying attention to our thread? 
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 6,472 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Yup, Saadet and I both have it on our radar. We've raised it to product multiple times, and they know of the ask. When we get updates or any kind of timeline, we'll be sure to post it here!