SMS: Group Message

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Implemented
  • (Edited)
I am currently using send hub of which allows me to crate a group of contacts an label it for example ( Text Group 1). This is a group text per say, but the recipients do not see it as a group text. This is great for marketing to multiple clients at one time. If you go over 24 contacts you must use a reply code to stop texting but this is a good feature for Mortgage and Realtor Professionals like myself. So to recap its a group of contacts that I can press and send out how is your day going and they reply back to me directly not to everyone else. I just don't want to have to add 24 contacts every time I want to do this. There has to be a way to save them in a group. Major feature missing for business in virtual world.
Photo of Heisley

Heisley

• 1,790 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • Frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jim Bass

Jim Bass

• 62 Points
I would like to have group messaging that stays as a group so that clients outside of the company can see each other's responses. I'm looking for it to work exactly like group messaging does on a regular cellphone.

If person A texts person B, C, and D then person D responds, person A, B, and C would all be able to see the response and respond if they choose. 

Can this please be added soon?
Photo of Jenn

Jenn, Official Rep

• 2,148 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hello Jim! 

Please send us an email at community.support@ringcentral.com regarding your post so we can connect you to our Product Manager. 

Thanks! 
Photo of SIMON

SIMON

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I requested this feature 3 years ago.  I see where I can send TEAM emails or group texts to people within my company but would like to send group texts to people in my contact list  outside of my company similar to what I can do via Outlook.  ZOOM phone system has this feature
Photo of Becky - Community Support

Becky - Community Support, Official Rep

• 4,670 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hey, folks!
We have implemented this feature and wanted to share an official response to this thread with Knowledge Base articles as a resource for any additional questions you might have. 

Send a Text Message in the RingCentral App

Send a Group Text Message in the RingCentral App

Send a Group Text Message with RingCentral App for Mobile

Please let us know if you run into any issues and how we can help!