This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: SMS / Text Auto Responder
Auto-reply for incoming text/SMS messages
Yes, I have used Zapier to accomplish this goal. Please note that this ONLY works at the User/Extension level (NOT at the Account Level) since each user is required to configure Zapier individually.
It is super easy to solve this use case using the RingCentral Zapier integration.
First, let me explain the "gist" of how Zapier works...
If you look at the bottom of this page (https://zapier.com/zapbook/ringcentral/), you will see three columns: Triggers, Searches, Actions
- Triggers === Things that happen which are INBOUND your RingCentral Account
- Searches === (N/A we haven't implemented any)
- Actions === Things that you can do which are OUTBOUND from your RingCentral Account
For this particular instance, you want to create an Auto-Reply for an inbound SMS.
1. Create a new Zap
2. If you haven't already, you need to authenticate with your RingCentral account and test for SMS (you need at least one recent SMS message in the account you connect)
3. Set the Trigger === RingCentral(New SMS)
4. [OPTIONAL] Add a filter (which allows you to create logic based on the message, fromNumber, etc...)
5. Set the Action === RingCentral(Send SMS)
6. Define the body of the SMS and the toNumber (which you can obtain from the Trigger's data about the inbound SMS)
7. Save it
8. Test it and Run it
9. Once tests are successful, try it in your production account
I have created this non-narrated video which shows me setting this up in Zapier:
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.