Fax via e-mail: Allow email body content to populate Comment section of fax cover page

• Idea
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Not Planned
  • (Edited)
Re faxing via email - the subject line of the email is displayed in the comments section of the fax cover page. Is there any way to also have the text of the email printed in the comments section of the cover page?
Photo of al

al

• 740 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mark Conrad

Mark Conrad

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
FYI Ring Central.  The lack of this feature is why we are likely choosing another service.  Pretty much every other services has this.
Photo of Jamie Martyn

Jamie Martyn

• 598 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This features says it's "under construction" does that mean it's actually being developed? What's the time line on this?
Photo of Fairbanks

Fairbanks

• 490 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Why does it take 3 years for such a simple request to be granted and put in place.  How many votes must it have in order to be implemented.  Status at this point is in consideration with 50 votes.  This is a sad process.  Just do it already.
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,418 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
HI, Fairbanks

I understand your frustration.  Although the number of votes help raise awareness and show demand for such features, there is a lot more that goes into the decision making process.  We receive hundreds of feature requests, and the prioritization and implementation  process is quite complex.  

Our product team reviews these idea topics on a regular basis, and they also receive regular reports. So, they are listening, but unfortunately do not have time to comment on each thread.  

I would like to see this feature too.  I understand the convenience this would provide many users. 

Mike 
Photo of Gary Borek

Gary Borek

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I was thinking of coming back to Ring Central - I left for another efax service several years ago solely because RC did not have this feature - I was hoping that by now it would have been fixed.  seems every other efax service has this feature.
Photo of Fairbanks

Fairbanks

• 490 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Custom Cover Sheet when sending faxes via email.

1. US
2. A currently large customer with multiple numbers trying to setup more but needs this fixed.
3. Urgent for RingCentral to be used over eFax/myfax
4. We are currently using eFax/myfax but would like to change to Ringcentral where we have most of our fax numbers.  We have a software that processes our information and sends it via email to a fax number.  Everything is working but the coversheet.  We need to be able to upload a custom coverpage like we do on the softphone to the Outbound fax settings.  The software does not give us the option to save and then email from softphone, without a customer coversheet we can not transition this process to you.  our coverpage is in word and works in the softphone.
5. This would allow us to send from our software using RingCentral vs efax.  We currently have 2 numbers doing this but are expanding.  Please add the feature so that we can us your service.
6. I saw some similar but not exactly requesting the ability to have a custom page.

I am reopening this as my previous request was closed out without resolution.  POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

https://community.ringcentral.com/ringcentral/topics/customization-coversheet-for-faxes-sent-via-ema...
Photo of Steven Hedges

Steven Hedges

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Ability to send an email (body of email) via fax.

A feature I wish you would add would be... The ability to Forward the body of an email to another, in the form of a fax. In other words, if I want to forward my bosses email to my stores fax machine, currently you do not have the technology or capability of sending the body of that email as it just comes up blank, when I send to them at rcfax.com. Can you please work on a solution for this problem?
Photo of Doctorcare

Doctorcare

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Sending the body of an email through FAX........... why cant this be enabled?.

My company and its employees use faxes quite a lot, as we work in the medical industry, its the primary source of communication with doctors. 

Having said that, Ring central has the ability to send faxes through our emails which is great but we can ONLY send files. Many times we need to add some info to the body of an email as well as attach a file. This is especially necessary when working on the road from our phones.

The subject of the email is portrayed on the cover page under "notes" so why cant you get the body somewhere in there.

I did some testing and typed tons of text into the subject line and it showed up on the coverpage.

This would be extremely helpful if you can somehow help me implement that with my ring central account.
Photo of Steven Hedges

Steven Hedges

I couldn't agree more. This is a feature that RC Fax should have and that their competitors have!
Photo of Jamie Martyn

Jamie Martyn

• 598 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
3 years and waiting, this isn't going to be done, RC doesn't care about this feature.
Photo of Steven Hedges

Steven Hedges

This is a shame, considering Metro fax has had this feature for years
Photo of Doctorcare

Doctorcare

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Ive got one of my tech interns working on a custom "cover page" so ill see if we can get the "notes" or create another section to take the body of the email as well. If it can recognize the subject of the email than it can take text in the body. 
Ill keep you posted, maybe sell it back to RC. IF not ill stick with MYfax.
(Edited)
Photo of Matthew Dobbs

Matthew Dobbs

• 60 Points
I say everyone keep this thread going nonstop so maybe it will get some more attention. Ringcentral listen to your PAYING customers! This is something that needs to be implemented as every other provider has this feature. We have been waiting for far to long. Get this resolved!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,428 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Zhuoxun Yin

Zhuoxun Yin

• 60 Points
Mike - when are we going to fix this issue? 
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,368 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sorry,  There's no ETA at this time if/when this feature will be added. 
Photo of Bo

Bo

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is just terrible. I'd have switched away from RingCentral a long time ago if all of its competitors weren't owned by the same company.
Photo of Gary Borek

Gary Borek

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I had to switch to a competitor because this rather simple feature is eesnetial to the way I work.  I'd prefer to use ringcentral but can't because of this missing feature.
Photo of Thomas Cooley

Thomas Cooley

I agree and see that in more than 5 years this hasn't been added.  Called RC to make change to my account, was transferred to Technical Support to address this.  Support person said they had it & send her test fax.  I did, she said it worked.  So while on phone I sent test to myself & it didn't work.  Then questioned her on it, she put me on hold, came back & said that it only works in the Subject line - so clearly I wasted 27 minutes for "help" to address a feature limit they didn't have.  She asked me to log it for a new feature/option & I stated it has been logged for more than 5 years, every other efax provider offers it, and I'd be looking to change as a result.  She stated that not enough people logged a request or they would have done so.  8>(
Photo of Bo

Bo

They’ve officially lost me as a customer over this. Just put in my request to port my number to another service. It’s clear that RingCentral cares little for its fax customers.
Photo of Lee Rindal

Lee Rindal

• 74 Points
I'm with everyone else here.  This is ridiculous that this hasn't been implemented.  RC has added a ton of less relevant features.  I understand that the day of the fax is going away, but there is still a ton of faxing going on and this feature is a simple add.  I have voted and posted to keep this going.  We are working on a 50 seat sale, I hope this doesn't kill it.
This is very unfortunate to see from Ring Central. After speaking with Technical Support, who was unable to resolve my issue, I was directed here to have my concern registered and implemented. To my surprise, this feature has been requested for 6+ years by Ring Central customers, via multiple posts, some of which I can see have been merged here. Several THOUSAND customers have accessed these threads which clearly indicates that this is a very important feature to the Ring Central customer base (and I would argue a fairly simple feature to implement!).

Not only is this feature important, but it's lack of implementation has put Ring Central in a position where the company is offering an incomplete product. Ring Central has several cover page templates used for email-to-fax, all of which have fields that are impossible to fill in by the user. My particular issue is with the "To:" line. I cannot indicate who my fax is addressed to on the cover page, which is the most basic piece of information and also one of the most vital (if not the most vital) pieces of information that needs to be indicated on a fax cover page!

I pose the following questions to any Ring Central representative willing to answer:
1) Why would Ring Central design and offer cover page templates for email-to-fax with fields that are impossible to populate when using the email-to-fax service? 
2) Would you not agree that informing the receiver to whom a fax is addressed is not an important enough feature for Ring Central to prioritize a solution?
3) How can Ring Central representatives repeatedly tell customers for years and years that a resolution is being considered, but not consider perhaps formally addressing the fact that this issue is either not important enough, or too complicated for Ring Central developers to resolve?

This is very frustrating as it makes me and my firm appear unprofessional or inattentive to details because it appears that I don't care enough to fill in the "To:" field on my fax cover page. After seeing this thread I am fairly confident that this is not a priority for Ring Central. The company's persistent assurances and reassurances that this is being resolved casts the company's customer service in a very poor light. If this request is not a priority, or is not going to be resolved, Ring Central should rip off the band-aid already. Stringing your customers along with false hope or promises is no way to do business--we deserve better than that. 
Photo of Ron Kanter

Ron Kanter

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
It is frustrating that just about every other hosted phone solution offers faxing, but none of them have this issue with the cover page and the body of the email.  This should be treated more like a bug fix than a feature request.
Photo of mahlon

mahlon

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Please. We love ring central, but did not realize this feature was missing when we onboard it. This is critical for our operations. We have a workaround, but it's not nice.
(Edited)
Photo of MileHighWelch

MileHighWelch

• 500 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
mahlon, what is your workaround!?

We also WANT the confirmation notification to include all attachments that were sent.  That way 2-weeks down the road when a someone say we didn't receive the fax we can easily show the confirmation email along with what was sent.

We didn't know this was such a cluster until after we onboarded aswell.  We came from Faxage.com and that service was stellar.  Its hard to explain to our users why we can't go back to faxage $$$

RC can you provide a time to delivery track on this request from 6 years ago?

Thanks!
Photo of mahlon

mahlon

We use method CRM to email. I was able to customize my email body to post to the subject if the template type equals fax. Not an option unless you use method CRM
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 57,326 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi MileHighWelch,

Unfortunately this is not on the roadmap at this time. If that changes, I will post an update here
Photo of MileHighWelch

MileHighWelch

Which part?  Email body going into the fax cover page or confirmation page including attachments? 
Photo of mahlon

mahlon

Mike, while we love Ring Central, this is a big deal for our firm and a client to whom we've recently recommended ring central. The only option we have at this time is to subscribe to an additional fax service such as myfax.com and use it for outgoing faxes.
Photo of MileHighWelch

MileHighWelch

Mahlon, yeah we came from Faxage.com and were not aware of all the features not baked in to RingCentral's offering upon signing up.  We are now having to decide if faxing with limited functionality but via your own phone number outweighs paying for all the functionality we need with another service but also having to go fetch your own faxes from a general mailbox. 

Which makes Saadet's post above frustrating. I wish RC would just buy a service that does what we need and be done with it :)

I could be alone but I don't need anymore of the RC's developers time spent on Glip...lets move on from that already.

Thx for you feedback.  

• 57,326 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi MileHighWelch, the original post, which is to allow the email body to populate comments is not on the roadmap. 
Photo of MileHighWelch

MileHighWelch

Thanks for the quick reply Saadet and staying vigilant in this community!
Photo of Tim Gladney

Tim Gladney

• 62 Points
It is crazy that this is been and issue for 5 years and this post has been going on for that long and RC reps get on 20 minutes ago and say this is not an option on there road map.  This really shows how RC does not care or listens to their customers.  The biggest mistake I made was switching our company to this fax solution.
Photo of Ron Kanter

Ron Kanter

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Mike, Really well put.  It seems like they are focused on Glip.  Unless people start cancelling RC or find a way for this fix to make money, they won't care.
Photo of Lee Rindal

Lee Rindal

• 74 Points
I also would like to see this feature and have posted on it before else ware in the RingCentral forums.

On a side note, RingCentral does not care about the customers or the resellers.  We had 4 different bids that we were working on last year.  We lost those because the RingCentral monthly amount was twice as much as our nearest competitor.  When working with our rep on this, his comment was if their concern is money then we don't want their business!  This is a fine way to do business ... NOT!  I'm not sure how RIngCentral is doing elsewhere in the country, but we have a hell of a time selling it here in Montana.

• 57,640 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Lee, that comment from our rep is a bit concerning :( I'm sorry that they acted that way. Could you email me more details and their name? - community.support@ringcentral.com