The yellow presence has been removed

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Answered
The yellow presence dot in Glip has been deactivated.  I don't know when colleagues are online are offline.  This is apparently due to a recent update of the Glip app.   I think this is terrible as I have no idea if somebody is online or not.  Can Glip be changed back to have the yellow presence dot?
Photo of Mark Harris

Mark Harris

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Saadet - Community Support

Saadet - Community Support, Official Rep

• 43,346 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mark, thank you for your feedback. Our Product Team removed the Yellow status recently and are making way for a more enhanced Green Status. They will be making it computer-based so when someone is still at their computer but not active in Glip they will show as online. So you will then have 3 colors to mark your Presence: Red, Green, & Gray
Photo of Mark Harris

Mark Harris

Well - they removed it without adding the enhanced green status - what are we supposed to do in the interim?  We have no way of knowing who is online or not right now. Makes Glip much less useful.  Why not wait to remove yellow until the enhanced green is ready?  Do you have an ETA on the rollout of the enhanced green?  

Unfortunately I was not given an ETA but once I hear more about it, I'll update you!
Photo of Mark Harris

Mark Harris

Well that is not good news - the Product Team has significantly damaged the app.  I don't know who thought up this roll out process for the enhanced green but they certainly need to have this on their performance review for 2018 - just a terrible way to go about things.   We are going to need an ETA one the enhanced green.   

Hi Mark, the ETA is mid-December (barring any issues that may arise)
Photo of Mark Harris

Mark Harris

Super Disappointing - can they just turn back on the yellow until they have green enhanced ready to go.  Seems like they really messed up removing yellow but not having enhanced green ready to go.  

Sorry, they can't do that at this time.
Photo of Natasha Parker

Natasha Parker

• 402 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I'm happy to hear about presence finally being based on computer activity instead of activity within Glip.  However, I do have two follow-up questions (please direct me to documentation on this change if it exists):

1. When the enhancements are made, what color will presence show if someone's logged in but their computer is locked?  Seem strange to take away the Yellow away status even with the enhancements.

2. Will there be an option to automatically change your status to DND when you are presenting/projecting?

3. Will red signify busy or DND after the enhancements?
(Edited)

• 43,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Natasha!

1) Your status color will be grey - unless you're on your mobile app instead, then it'll be green

2) Your status will automatically be red (Busy) when you are in a Meeting or on a Phone call - you will have the option to turn yourself to DND (which is separate)

3) Solid red = Busy
             &
    Red with a white bar = DND

:)