The yellow presence has been removed

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Answered
The yellow presence dot in Glip has been deactivated.  I don't know when colleagues are online are offline.  This is apparently due to a recent update of the Glip app.   I think this is terrible as I have no idea if somebody is online or not.  Can Glip be changed back to have the yellow presence dot?
Photo of Mark Harris

Mark Harris

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mark, thank you for your feedback. Our Product Team removed the Yellow status recently and are making way for a more enhanced Green Status. They will be making it computer-based so when someone is still at their computer but not active in Glip they will show as online. So you will then have 3 colors to mark your Presence: Red, Green, & Gray
Photo of SS Admin

SS Admin

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is a real issue for us as well.  Any updates on when this fix will happen?
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hey SS Admin, which issue are you referring to? The Yellow status will not be coming back. 
Photo of Jenny

Jenny

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Same here. We like GLIP, but we keep it minimized most of the time until we need to chat. After 15 minutes, we go grey, and it looks like we arent online. We would like a yellow (or really any other color) to show we are logged in and online, just not inside the app. 
Photo of SS Admin

SS Admin

Looks like this update happened but we still go grey after 15 minutes or so when not focused on the app but still working on our computer. We should be green all the time unless out computer goes idle for say 15 mintues. I'm not concerned about it being yellow.
Photo of Megan C.

Megan C.

• 372 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have the same issue as SS Admina above. The RingCentral app should still show someone as green/available if they are still at their computer but not active in the Glip window. 
Photo of Mark Harris

Mark Harris

Well - they removed it without adding the enhanced green status - what are we supposed to do in the interim?  We have no way of knowing who is online or not right now. Makes Glip much less useful.  Why not wait to remove yellow until the enhanced green is ready?  Do you have an ETA on the rollout of the enhanced green?  
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Unfortunately I was not given an ETA but once I hear more about it, I'll update you!
Photo of Mark Harris

Mark Harris

Well that is not good news - the Product Team has significantly damaged the app.  I don't know who thought up this roll out process for the enhanced green but they certainly need to have this on their performance review for 2018 - just a terrible way to go about things.   We are going to need an ETA one the enhanced green.   
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hi Mark, the ETA is mid-December (barring any issues that may arise)
Photo of Paul Pecullan

Paul Pecullan

• 558 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
is this still on track for mid December?  if not then when?
Photo of Paul Pecullan

Paul Pecullan

or was that mid December 2018?  
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hey Paul, that was last year. But the Product Team ran into some issues so it didn't get pushed out. 
Photo of Mark Harris

Mark Harris

Super Disappointing - can they just turn back on the yellow until they have green enhanced ready to go.  Seems like they really messed up removing yellow but not having enhanced green ready to go.  
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Sorry, they can't do that at this time.
Photo of Natasha Parker

Natasha Parker

• 1,112 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I'm happy to hear about presence finally being based on computer activity instead of activity within Glip.  However, I do have two follow-up questions (please direct me to documentation on this change if it exists):

1. When the enhancements are made, what color will presence show if someone's logged in but their computer is locked?  Seem strange to take away the Yellow away status even with the enhancements.

2. Will there be an option to automatically change your status to DND when you are presenting/projecting?

3. Will red signify busy or DND after the enhancements?
(Edited)
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,082 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Natasha!

1) Your status color will be grey - unless you're on your mobile app instead, then it'll be green

2) Your status will automatically be red (Busy) when you are in a Meeting or on a Phone call - you will have the option to turn yourself to DND (which is separate)

3) Solid red = Busy
             &
    Red with a white bar = DND

:)
Photo of Paul Parker

Paul Parker

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Can you clarify if one of the new status options will directly replace the previous amber status (ie online but inactive on glip >15 mins). Will green indicator change to just denoting the user is online or will it also be able to show active/inactive on glip?

I too don't see why this feature was removed, it was really helpful to show status of our dispersed team
Photo of Mark Harris

Mark Harris

we complained a lot to ringcentral about this and the engineers just ignored us - i had to move our staff to slack - lack of presence in glip now is a deal breaker for us and makes glip almost useless
Photo of dheighton

dheighton

• 174 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Is there any more recent feedback on this.

This is becoming a big problem for our team as well.
Photo of Jessica - Community Moderator

Jessica - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 8,344 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi dheighton, 

We haven't been given any more information regarding presence at this time. 
Photo of SS Admin

SS Admin

How can we get this major issue moved up the priority chain?
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 67,790 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey SS Admin, unfortunately we don't have the ability to move this up since other things take priority (such as bug fixes). However, I did just follow up with the Product Team and they said they are still working on the New Presence feature and making it computer activity based. I will continue to keep an ear to the ground because I want this updated as well :)
Photo of Louise Baker

Louise Baker

• 208 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Is there any news about the new Presence feature? How might we stay in touch with this feature?
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hey Louise, I haven't received any new updates. When I do, I'll share them here :)
Photo of Louise Baker

Louise Baker

It has been 6 months and there hasn't been an update. Why is this? This makes Glip pretty unusable - I have no idea if someone is on PTO and I'm bothering them on their day off, or if they're actively working on work just not on Glip.
Additionally, it doesn't seem to auto-turn to green once you com eback to Glip. I talk to people actively that are Grey on glip, yet there they are typing.

The presence indicator is hardly correct.

Can we get an update?
Photo of Megan C.

Megan C.

• 372 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yes!! Update please! :)
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

Hey Louise, people are capable of making themselves always Invisible (grey), which might be why they're still grey even when typing/responding to you. I have many people who do that.

That could also be why they don't show up as green. Otherwise, it sounds like Support may need to look into why their presence isn't updating correctly
Photo of Louise Baker

Louise Baker

That is true, you are right. But its rendering the status presence useless. This "feature" is hardly working, and there are users who want it to be working again. It doesn't seem like the team understands the need.
Photo of Paul Pecullan

Paul Pecullan

When will Glip have a useful status indicator again?
Photo of Saadet

Saadet, Employee

• 68,042 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Paul, the Product Team is still working on making the status indicator more computer-based. When I learn more, I'll share
Photo of Paul Pecullan

Paul Pecullan

Saadet, Perhaps you could remind the product team that they neutered the status icon making it nearly unuseable for many people almost a year ago.  I realize that the updated feature set may be taking more time than anticipated but exact situation is the reason why the old working feature should not be removed before the replacement is ready.  
Photo of Jenna Keller

Jenna Keller

• 60 Points
Yes, totally agree--this change is very negative and doesn't look like any signs of getting fixed anytime soon.