Transcribing the audio from Meeting Recordings in the Cloud

• Idea
  • Updated 1 week ago
It's no secret that RingCentral MEETINGS is really a privately white-labeled version of Zoom. If you didn't know that, I apologize for ruining the Ringcentral momentum for labeling their brand on everything.

With that said, if you've used Zoom before, you'll know that they have this amazing transcription feature, with automatically transcribes the audio from your meetings and saves them if recorded and stored on the cloud. Even cooler, it synchronizes the transcription text so that if you click any text from your meeting, it will automatically skip the entire recording to that specific moment within the recorded meeting.

I see that RingCentral has done good by adding 'cloud recording' as an available add-on option for Meetings. But I firmly suggest that if people like me are paying for that added storage, including that transcription feature would be doing right by us customers.

Can you guys please have Zoom maybe include that in your white-labeled agreement so that we don't have to feel like we need a Zoom paid account on top of our Ringcentral paid licenses?
Photo of Shauna Price

Shauna Price

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of FireFishMike

FireFishMike

• 490 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
You read my mind. I completely second this request.
Photo of Laura Herlong

Laura Herlong

• 0 Points
i too second this request/requirement.  We are having to pay additional funds to a 3rd party tool to do that work for us.  Do not want to have to jump over to zoom to have this beneficial functionality.
Photo of Timmi Ryerson

Timmi Ryerson

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Great Idea.  Have had many issues with Ring Central Meetings. They usually get straightened out but it takes about a week of calling.  I love the idea that we can have the transcription option on meetings.
Photo of FireFishMike

FireFishMike

• 490 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Absolutely. The best part about it is that the technology exists already. All RingCentral needs to do is license it from Zoom / add it to their white-labeled version of Zoom.
Photo of Timmi Ryerson

Timmi Ryerson

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am finding that ring central is not what it used to be.  Customer service is abysmal.  Features are out of date and basic phone system is difficult to manage.  It would make sense for them to do this but do not know if they have the organization to pull it off.