Transfer call from RC number to Cell number

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Hi, If I were to answer a call, can I transfer a call to a cellphone number(not RC number)?
Photo of Vanessa Pretorius

Vanessa Pretorius

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

• 6,392 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
After you answer, one of the buttons showing in the app is Transfer.  Click that and then enter the number you want to transfer to.  You can choose to do a warm or blind transfer.

https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/RingCentral-Phone-Transfer-a-Call?language=en_US
Photo of Geekmom

Geekmom

• 628 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
If you want to set it up in the website, go to your RingCentral site, Settings > Call Handling & Forwarding > Settings and edit Call Flip. You can set up a "Flip" shortcut by simply dialing *1 or *2 , etc. and adding a phone number to that shortcut.
(Edited)

Vanessa Pretorius

Thank you.

Vanessa Pretorius

I have been trying to get hold of RC for 3 days now and no luck. None of my Cases are attended to.

Do you know how to create a new user and give that user another user's RC number with a new extension. And then removing the other users RC number.
(Edited)
Photo of Bob Robinson

Bob Robinson, Champion

• 6,392 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
If you have admin permission these instructions should get you going... you won't be able to give the other user's RC number to another individual unless the first individual is disabled and deleted.  If, instead, you want the new user's phone to ALSO ring when that first number is dialed, you can do that in Call Handling & Forwarding.

https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/9483?language=en_US

Photo of Geekmom

Geekmom

• 628 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I don't know how to change the extension on an existing DID, we have always maintained the DID and ext. and just assigned a new name to it. Sorry!