Transfer to voicemail using the buttons on polycom vvx 411 Expansion Modules sidecar

• Idea
  • Updated 1 month ago
We would love for our front desk phone, a Polycom VVX 411, to be able to transfer to voicemail by being able to use the buttons on the Expansion Modules sidecar.  Right now the only way to do it is to hit *0 and then know the users extension to be able to transfer to voicemail.  
Photo of Scot Marion

Scot Marion

• 74 Points

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Christina Feile

Christina Feile

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Yes same here.. right now it seems that the sidecar can only be used for line monitoring!!!?????? What a waste
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 14,524 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
The sidecar should be able to work as an extension of your desk phones presence ability and be able to work as a speed dial to whatever extension is there.
Photo of Christina Feile

Christina Feile

It works as a speed dial to call the extension YES... It does not work as a substitute for typing in the extension when transferring a call to vmail (blind transfer) OR when trying to intercom that station. FOr Example.. if reception wants to intercom station 102 (which is me) she cannot hit intercom and the button for me on the sidecar, she must hit intercom 1 0 2.  Likewise when sending a call directly to vmail, she cannot hit transfer *0 and the sidecar button for me, she must hit transfer * 0 1 0 2....
Unless there is a programming issue.. I see a lot of people with the same problems on this community.
(Edited)
Photo of Chris Duquette

Chris Duquette, Champion

• 14,524 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Yeah it only speed dials the extension it wont work as an intercom or easy way to transfer calls.
Photo of Christina Feile

Christina Feile

That STINKS... because it is the whole reason we use the sidecar....
what a waste.. .it is ridiculous that it cannot work that way