Desktop app: transfer voicemails from one extension to another

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • (Edited)
We would love it if there was a way to transfer voicemails from one extension to another.  Can the engineers work on implementing this?
Photo of LeAnn

LeAnn

• 752 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Michael Smith

Michael Smith

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Forwarding messages to other Ring Central users within phone app.

I know this has been suggested long ago, but I'm submitting a new idea hoping it will get attention. We need a way to forward messages (VM, text) to other Ring Central users within our firm using the RC Phone apps for computers and cell phones.  I have read there is a way to do it by logging in to ringcentral.com, but most of our users seldom, if ever, log on.  They always use the RC Phone apps, either on their computers or, probably more often, on their cell phones.
Think .... intuitive and obvious. Please program for users convenience and not visa versa.
Photo of Mitch Turner

Mitch Turner

• 500 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
You do have the option to forward VM from the RC web portal at services.ringcentral.com. In the Overview section (where you generally land on login) under Message, each VM has a Forward link. You have to enter email addresses and you can type instructions. This is essentially the same as downloading the mp3 file, finding it, and adding the file to an email. But it saves the step of finding the downloaded file.

RC, we need this, as we now have 3 different behaviors on app, portal, and desk phone. I can understand the desk phone being limited, but the app and portal should work the same and include the ability to record instructions/intro with the VM file.
Photo of FOSTER

FOSTER

• 386 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Forward voicemails internally through app.

Need to be able to forward voicemails quickly through the app to other extensions within the company.  Voicemails are often left in the wrong mailbox or the general mailbox.  It is not efficient to download and then email the message outside of ringcentral.  Also you can only email voice messages through the online account.  Need app functionality. 
Photo of Ruslan Allahverdi

Ruslan Allahverdi

• 560 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Four years and still people should ask for something that needed to be implemented from the beginning!
Photo of Kumar

Kumar

• 226 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I gave up asking. I was told that for the Soft Phone app, it was not technically feasible. Don't ask me why!
Photo of Mitch Turner

Mitch Turner

Checkout the new desktop app. It has it there. On the keypad when in a call there is a ... menu that lets you transfer, record, park, and flip.
Photo of Ruslan Allahverdi

Ruslan Allahverdi

• 560 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Once again, there is no option to simply forward voicemail to another extension:

(this is screenshot of the latest RingCentrall Desktop App)
But mobile app is important as well.

Photo of Mitch Turner

Mitch Turner

I apologize, I forgot this thread was about transferring the voicemails. Yep, looks like the new app doesn't have it. I think the purpose of the new app was to replicate the capabilities of the three old apps (RC, RC Meetings, and RC Phone). So I'm expecting lots of waiting ideas are not in it yet.