UK text messaging

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Not Planned
  • (Edited)
I would really like to text my customers in the UK. Do you know when this feature might be available?
Photo of Ashley Ballhatchet

Ashley Ballhatchet

• 540 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,774 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Ashley,  

There is only international internal messaging ext-to-ext via softphone / smartphone mobile app. 

Kim
(Edited)
Photo of Ashley Ballhatchet

Ashley Ballhatchet

• 540 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I know this already. Do you know when the feature I am looking for might be available?
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,908 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ashley,   The UK market still fairly new for RingCentral so our Product Team is still ramping things up there. We don't have an ETA for this yet but at some point the UK and US products should be very similar unless there are certain restrictions that we have to comply with. 

Mike 
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 228 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am reading this comment 3 years after it was written and it appears that the ability to send text messages to mobiles in the UK is still not available?
Photo of Elizabeth Anne

Elizabeth Anne

• 64 Points
Yep :(
I have the pay another company for a separate SMS number.
Photo of Mike R

Mike R

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
So, in the world of IT, 3 Years is 'Fairly new'. You couldn't make it up!
Photo of Maria Moreno

Maria Moreno

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
That is pretty mad, I remember saying it would be here soon 2 years ago! Also they said Bullhorn integration was a priority and still no sign! Come on RC give me a reason to keep using you!
Photo of Mike

Mike, Official Rep

• 93,928 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
There are several differences besides sms messaging. If you wish to compare US and UK plans you can view these two pages. 

http://www.ringcentral.com/office/plansandpricing.html  US

http://www.ringcentral.co.uk/office/plansandpricing_b.html  UK
Photo of Kim

Kim, Alum

• 43,774 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Please VOTE this topic in the upper right corner if you would like to request SMS to be added to UK Accounts.
(Edited)
Photo of Lavanda Sales

Lavanda Sales

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I would really need this feature too - not having SMS as a UK user does not work for our business... Is there any ETA on this as it was requested over a year ago?
Photo of ebenezer adeosun

ebenezer adeosun

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SMS request in UK.

01233 510111 - I want to enable the SMS on my account
Photo of Marco Oben

Marco Oben, Employee

• 166 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SMS Request.
Photo of Andrew Bell

Andrew Bell

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SMS UK SOFTPHONE.

1. UK

Please can we have the SMS feature enabled please for UK customers for external numbers!

Currently we receive a message saying "Your extension does not support external text messaging".
Photo of iplicit

iplicit

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SMS support in the UK.

Enable SMS support in the UK.
From what I've seen the feature is enabled in other countries.
Even if limited in quantity (no of messages), this is a nice to have feature. 
Photo of Michael London

Michael London

• 62 Points
This would be a very useful feature! I will be the first to sign up.
Photo of Rupert Whitten

Rupert Whitten

Hi - I notice this feature request was made 3 years ago, and it still isn't possible to send text messages outside of our company Ringcentral account.  Do you have any update on when this might be available?  Text messaging is a primary communication tool for us, and our team are reticent to use the app without it.  Thanks
Photo of Saadet - Community Moderator

Saadet - Community Moderator, Official Rep

• 65,558 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Rupert,

Our Product Team is aware of this request and looking for a carrier. There is no ETA at this time but once I hear more I will be sure to update this thread.
Photo of Maria Moreno

Maria Moreno

So it looks like despite other companies and countries offering this RC is not going to offer this anytime soon? Disappointing.
Photo of Andrzej Gruszeczka

Andrzej Gruszeczka

• 64 Points
Hi I am also waiting for this feature and I agree. I have been told 3 years ago that this is coming to UK but so far nothing happened.
It is a little bit disappointing as silly apps like Ding Dong are offering SMS from landline number how come Ring Central can't sort this out??!!!
Bit Ridiculous :(

Hi Andrzej, sorry for the frustration. At this time we are looking for a carrier in the UK who can work with us and our system.
Photo of Maria Moreno

Maria Moreno

So did you find one, or does "looking into" mean you are doing noting at all? Three years is more than an outright disrespect for your UK customers. If I knew you were so US focused I wouldn't have signed my company up...
Photo of Shoaib Aslam

Shoaib Aslam

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Receive SMS on my Ringcentral number.

We have been unable to sign into Google and as we submit forgot password it says the verification code will be sent to our telephone number which is actually a landline number registered with Ringcentral.

Unfortunately since RC cannot retrieve SMS on their numbers this has meant we cannot log into Google, despite trying all other methods to retrieve the password from Google separately.

Kurt Mackay in their support team confirmed that this feature was available in the US but not the UK which is very disappointing. Further disappointment is that I can see from the other threads that this feature has been requested by other users too, some which have requested this almost 4 years ago but the developers seem to have brushed this off.

If this is not implemented then I guess we will have to disengege with RC, not that i think they care anyway.
Photo of J.B. Ferguson

J.B. Ferguson, Champion

• 36,832 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I don't know if this will work the same way in the UK but there are usually several options in order to reset/recover your Google account password. One of them is always email since not everyone has a cellphone with SMS.

Try this link:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/41078?hl=en
Photo of Kris

Kris

• 294 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
When will UK text messaging be available?  

We need client facing, archivable texting our UK business.

Thank you.

Hey Kris,

Sorry, I don't have an ETA for this. I believe we are still looking for a carrier in the UK. If I hear anything new, I'll update this thread
Photo of Maria Moreno

Maria Moreno

Kris you can read this as they don't intend to do anything. I am seriously looking at disengaging as I was told when i joined nearly 1 year ago that this would be soon to find out neither the Bullhorn integration nor txt messing is on the cards at all. EVER by the looks of this thread. 
Photo of Peter Jarret

Peter Jarret

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
We would like to have SMS notifications to our staff so that they can be alerted to important events (e.g. missed calls).  Is there progress on finding a UK carrier?

• 65,336 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sorry for the delayed response, Peter. I have not heard anything new on this :(
Photo of Peter

Peter

Thanks for the update! Do you know if there are any plans for the future? Cheers

• 65,336 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey Peter, last I knew we ran into a snag with finding a carrier. I've been trying to receive new updates from our Product Team but haven't hear back yet :( If they do get back to me, I'll update you guys!
Photo of Peter

Peter

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled UK text messaging to mobiles not available.

Related case reference number:  06765978

It appears that text messaging to mobiles in the UK is not available via the RingCentral desktop or mobile app although it has been on the agenda for some time.

We are a strong proponent of this feature as it is a key success factor in our business.

We are a mortgage broker business in the UK and we have around 17 users currently with the prospect of adding all of our staff worldwide.

Among other things, we progress and facilitate mortgage loans and insurance on behalf of our clients and as a result timely communication is key.  For example, there may be an urgent need to provide a document.

Phone calls do not always get answered and emails do not always reach our customers in time with the result being that they may miss deadlines or target dates.  We find that a combination of phone calls, texting their mobile, and emails is the answer and our customers have often shown their appreciation in this regard.

We currently use other third party products such as Skype to send these text messages with the result being that it does not look very professional.  We'd rather manage everything via an 'integral and coherent' system which can be used for consistency, tracking and effectiveness.

Thank you for the opportunity to submit our ideas and make them known to others.

Peter Evripidou
Photo of Maria Moreno

Maria Moreno

It very much seems they are not planning on implementing this or any other decent UK feature soon. I am in the same boat! Seriously thinking about looking at alternatives as this is not up to scratch. Shame RC, Shame.....
Photo of Julie Sperritt

Julie Sperritt

• 672 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
So this has been requested for 4 years now and still no movement?
Surely messaging external parties is a standard expectation in this day and age?

Any updates please (hopefully not still trying to source a carrier!)

My organisation is never going to adapt to using ringcentral app for making calls and mobile for SMS - it just doesn't make sense!

Haven't heard anything new :( If I do, I'll let you all know!
Photo of Mike R

Mike R

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I think DON'T 'Watch this space' is in order for at least the next 5 years!!