Unable to call 311

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Enable n11 Calls (311)

I am unable to call '311'. When I do, the message states " I'm sorry, you entered an incorrect extension ". I am not trying to call an extension...I am trying to call for information and access to City Services.
This is very annoying as I need to call that number numerous times a week and have been using my personal cell phone (which I don't get reimbursed for). I have contacted 'Support chat' and was told that it is not supported 'yet' and to come to the community to state the issue. When I first searched for other conversations on this, I noticed that it was mentioned over 9 months ago. This issue needs to be dealt with in a timely fashion! Customers can and will be lost due to the many inconstancies.
Photo of Ronda

Ronda

• 364 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • Annoyed, frustrated

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Estrada

Estrada

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I had this same problem today.  I don't mind using my personal cell phone, but then that defeats the purpose of our company phones.
Photo of cevans

cevans, Champion

• 504 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Please add local N11 calling capability.

In certain areas within states services like 311, 211 and other N11 numbers are available (like the 811 call-before-you-dig service in Illinois), but we cannot call these on our RingCentral IP phones. This would be a nice feature to add.

Cf. "Using N11 Numbers as an extension."

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.